Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

form does not bind anymore from AEM 6.4 to AEM 6.5

Level 5

when I upgraded to AEM 6.5 my form build on AEM 6.4 does not bind anymore. In the preview screen I do not see the value

1826612_pastedImage_2.png

this is the preview

1826613_pastedImage_3.png

I also notice that on the panel it says responsed (deprecated) ?????

1826614_pastedImage_4.png

my data model is there

1826615_pastedImage_5.png

and the test of the model does give me the value

1826616_pastedImage_6.png

please help I do not want to do this form again

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Can you create a new form and try to bind the fdm in a non-migrated form? For the form where you are getting an error, is there anything in the server logs or browser console?

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Can be attributed to layout, are you able to change the layout and test the functionality?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Can you create a new form and try to bind the fdm in a non-migrated form? For the form where you are getting an error, is there anything in the server logs or browser console?

Level 5

ahhhh bingo!!… that because before binding referred to an specific record

/pcx_case_1563977247665/pcx_firstname

and now you fixed it in AEM 6.5 and made it to a record

/pcx_case/pcx_anumber

so basically it was erroring out on the binding i had before and once i clear that out i was ok. is that documented on your AEM 6.5?? jummm

thank you mayank!

1826743_pastedImage_2.png

1826735_pastedImage_0.png

1826742_pastedImage_1.png

Employee Advisor

I think it's not specifically mentioned but yes we recommend checking the bind ref in general guidelines. If you think any finding or troubleshooting steps need to be documented you can let me or KhushwantSingh​ know about the same.

Level 5

also I am I bit nervous when you deprecate something like everything in one page without navigation with no other similar choice....

1826749_pastedImage_0.png

as you can see the choices are not something that will place everything on one page. While I understand you may have a reasonable explanation on why you decided to get rid of "one page no navigation" sometimes this is wanted/needed.