Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

External Participation Workflow AEM 6.1

Level 2

Hey Everyone,

I am currently working on an AEM project. In which a user majorly a non-technical employee will enter data into the adaptive forms which will the initiate an approval workflow. The notification will be send to approvers through email and on reviewing the data they will approve or not. So the workflow is initiated by external participation and I want the user or approver to see only a custom dashboard where they can see the forms review them add new forms and not the AEM WCM site. Such a workflow is possible in AEM 6.3 (https://helpx.adobe.com/aem-forms/6-3/aem-forms-workflow.html ) but I am working on 6.1 Is there any similar functionality in 6.1.

Please suggest.

3 Replies

Level 10

In earlier versions of AEM Forms - i am not sure it supports the functionality you referenced in that link. I will check with the team however.

Level 8

This can be done in 6.1 if you use the AEM Forms JEE workflow.  The user will submit with an external facing AF and upon submission a workflow will be started and the internal folks can use Workspace to run through an approval.

Level 2

I think you are suggesting the use of Livecycle? I don't have the license to use this product of adobe. Can you suggest some other way for the same thing? I was thinking of using ajax call and servlet. What is your opinion? Please suggest.