Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

E-Sign Component Rendering Issue (Echosign) After Submit Button is Clicked and Validation Fails

Level 2

Hi:

I've posted about this issue before but I think it got lost in the shuffle a bit as I was also trying to deal with some other adaptive form issues as well (now resolved thanks to this forum's help).

I'm having an issue across multiple forms using 2 different form templates I have tried that come with AEM Forms (Advanced Enrollment Adaptive Form Template & Tabbed Enrollment Adaptive Form Template).

Simply stated, what is happening is this: If I try to submit a form that has required fields, before all required fields have been filled out, and I have previously navigated to the panel containing the E-Sign Component at least once (and the form has been rendered inside the component), navigating to the E-Sign Component again results in the component failing to re-render the form anymore, even after dismissing the components alert box which pops up and says "Please esign the form".

Perhaps the simplest thing to do is to convey the steps I have taken to get to this point so that you may recreate the issue yourself:

1. Create a new adaptive form based on either one of the 2 above mentioned templates (they both come with the E-Sign Component sited on them by default).
  2. Associate the form with an XFA form.
  3. Set at least one field on the form (text or numeric field for example) to be required.
  4. Configure the E-Sign Componenet to use the Echosign service (obviously one will need an Echosign account setup and configured in AEM already).
  5. View the form in Preview mode
  6. Navigate to the panel containing the E-Sign component (the form should render fine inside the component)
  7. Click the Submit button on the form.
  8. Dismiss the "Please esign the form" alert box from the E-Sign Component.
  9. Navigate to any other panel on the form and then back to the panel containing the E-Sign Component.
  10. The E-Sign Component will no longer render the form anymore during that session.

Can anyone provide some insight into this? Is this a known issue? Is this a bug? Is there a workaround?

I've also tried using the Verify Component and that always seems to re-render the XFA form no matter what.

Any help you can provide would be most appreciated.

Dale

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Also once you sign the form and submit there is no going back i.e. your EchoSign actually submits the signed pdf for that instance of form (this is irrespective of Adaptive Forms submit - but via wizard template it goes hand in hand  Sign - > summary ).

So your form design should take care that any mandatory fields you want user to fill should be done before signing process. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

I will send this to the Eng team for forms.

Employee

Just want to know the following - 

a. Which release version of forms are you on as Forms JEE release had some fixes around this area.

b. Is OOTB advanced enrollment template working for you ?

c. Did you place any component on the same panel in which you have e-sign?

Level 2

Hi Mandeep:

In answer to your questions:

a. I am working on a Quickstart instance. Version is AEM 6 SP1 AEM Forms FP1.

b. I am using the OOTB Advanced Enrollment template for the issue I am having, located here fd/afaddon/components/page/advancedenrollment. I also have the same issue with the Tabbed Enrollment template.

c. Yes, I actually have a label and a scribble signature component on the same panel. I just did a test where I removed those other components. Although this does not resolve the issue, I now see a different behaviour. Previously, after trying to submit, the rendered image in the E-Sign Component would disappear when navigating back to the containing panel (and then never re-render of course). Now, the image remains (along with all the overlaid navigation functionality, etc.) but the XFA form is still not re-rendering. This of course gives the impression that

I still see the same behaviour with the Verify component, where each time I navigate back to the panel with the Verify Component it is blank and then re-renders itself.

Hope that answers your questions. If this is a known issue it would be great to confirm this so that I can report back to my management as this is an issue around a demo we are doing for a potential client.

Thanks for your help.

Dale

Employee

c. Verify components re-renders when you will move next/back from wizard. Same goes for Esign as well. I am not sure  why should it not re-render in your case. Please share the collateral for better understanding. 

Level 2

Hi Mandeep:

I am seeing the same behaviour when I use the wizard template and navigate back and forth between the panels (only AFTER I try to submit the form when not all required fields are filled out).

Could you clarify or expand on what you mean when you say "Same goes for Esign as well" and "Please share the collateral for better understanding".

Thanks

Dale

Employee

"Same goes for esign"  - For esign as well as Verify component it is expected that these components would re-render. 

"Please share the collateral" - You can package the adaptive forms via Package manager if you are on 6.0 or via form manager itself if you are on 6.1 beta. 

For using package manager use the following filters.  - 

/content/dam/formanddocuments/PATH_YOUR_XDP

/content/dam/formsanddocuments/PATH_TO_YOUR_AF_ASSET

/content/forms/af/PATH_TO__YOUR_AF

Correct answer by
Employee

Also once you sign the form and submit there is no going back i.e. your EchoSign actually submits the signed pdf for that instance of form (this is irrespective of Adaptive Forms submit - but via wizard template it goes hand in hand  Sign - > summary ).

So your form design should take care that any mandatory fields you want user to fill should be done before signing process. 

Level 2

Hi Mandeep:

Please look for a private forum message I just sent you regarding this.

Thanks

Dale