Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Document services not working

Level 2

Hi community,

we need to setup AEM Forms 6.5 (OSGI) on a Windows Server 2016

Installation is as follows (https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-65/forms/install-aem-forms/osgi-installati...)

The user has administration permissions

1. AEM 6.5 running with Quickstart (tested already as a service, too): all bundles started

2. Installed SP3 and the related Forms for Windows (6.0.122)

3. Adjusted sling.properties with bouncy castle... -> everything is up and running fine (no custom bundle, just AEM with SP3 and Forms)

If I try to render a simple reference DoR (http://localhost:4502/aem/formdetails.html/content/dam/formsanddocuments/reference-dor-templates/split.xdp), I get the following error:

Internal Server Error

Cannot serve request to /content/dam/formsanddocuments/reference-dor-templates/split.xdp/jcr:content in /libs/xfaforms/render/GET.jsp
Exception:

com.adobe.forms.service.LCFormsServiceException
	at com.adobe.forms.service.impl.LCFormsOsgiServiceImpl.render(LCFormsOsgiServiceImpl.scala:92)
	at com.adobe.forms.service.impl.LCFormsServiceImpl.render(LCFormsServiceImpl.java:68)

That happens every time I try to trigger a document process, sometimes there is another message, too:

com.adobe.service.ProcessResource Service XMLFormService: Process ProcessResource@3a4b75d6(name=XMLForm.exe,pid=0) terminated abnormally with error code -1073741701

While installing the forms package there is another error, related to the XMLForm.exe:

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Executable does not exist: D:\...\crx-quickstart\bedrock\svcnative\XMLFormService\bin\XMLForm.exe
	at com.adobe.service.ProcessResource.startProcess(ProcessResource.java:377)
	... 66 common frames omitted

The file is located at the desired place, but it seems that AEM cannot start or has other problems.

Is there something missing in the server environment to start (or enable AEM to start) the XMLForm.exe? 

I re-created the whole installation several times, also with other combinations of SP and Forms, so a simple reinstall will definitely not fix the issue.

Best regards

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@alex_lo15 @Richard_Wegier 

Here is the documentation to be followed to mitigate this problem: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-learn/forms/adaptive-forms/installing-aem-...

If you are installing AEM Forms 6.5, Please make sure you have installed the following 32 bit Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Employee

@alex_lo15 

I see you have already logged a daycare ticket for this issue. We will review the logs and share our feedback over the ticket.

Level 2
Yes, thanks! I got access to the DayCare 2 hours ago, so I tried it in the morning on this channel!

Level 2
Has there been any solution? We currently are facing the same issue with a AEM Forms 6.5 JEE installation

Employee Advisor

Can be an access related issue or missing c++ executable on the server machine. Can you doubles check these two?

Level 2

Thanks for your answer! I have administration permissions and also the AEM service is running with them. Can you give me a short insight what you mean with C++ executable?

We tried to run the XMLForm.exe from cmd and got the following missing dependencies:

omniDynamic411_vc10_rt.dll
omniORB411_vc10_rt.dll
omnithread33_vc10.rt.dll

Then we tried to install some Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, restarted and got the same error message for executing the .exe and also still the error while trying to render the xdp.

Any thoughts?

Employee Advisor

Unable to paste the image, check the image here https://jsfiddle.net/co7arvd5/

Level 2
Thanks! We solved the issue by playing around today with a lot of combinations of the C++ redistributables. In the end we needed only 2010 and 2012 x86 version, any other combination triggered conflicts!

Employee Advisor
Good to know! Alex that its resolved now.

Level 9

You need to install VC++ redistributables as mentioned in the documentation 

also do not double click the jar to start aem

Level 2

Thank you very much for your response! As mentioned previously we are working with the JEE installation therefore we do not start it as a JAR file but a Windows Service (JBoss).

May I kindly ask you to drop the link to the documentation just to be sure I'm checking the correct one? Thank you very much in advance!

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@alex_lo15 @Richard_Wegier 

Here is the documentation to be followed to mitigate this problem: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-learn/forms/adaptive-forms/installing-aem-...

If you are installing AEM Forms 6.5, Please make sure you have installed the following 32 bit Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables.