Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Cannot assign True

ReluctantProgrammer
Level 2
Level 2

I am using Math.floor in the Exit action of a field  ((headwaterExistingMain10 is the field name) and this is the formula in Calculate action:

if (headFtExistingMain10.rawValue==null)
this.rawValue==null
else this.rawValue = (Math.round(hweFtMain10.rawValue*10)/10)+(Math.round(headFtExistingMain10.rawValue*10)/10)

and though the calculations work I'm getting this error message 

"illegal value: cannot assign 'True' to xfa[0].form[0].form1[0].page1[0].table1[0].row5[0].headwaterExistingMain10[0].#value[0].#float[0]."

1 Accepted Solution
Kosta_Prokopiu1
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

Hi @ReluctantProgrammer ,

hence your name 🙂 

I think the offender is the this.rawValue==null == is a comparator not an assignment. Here my guess at what you wanted to do:
if (headFtExistingMain10.rawValue == null) {
this.rawValue = null
} else {
this.rawValue = (Math.round(hweFtMain10.rawValue*10)/10)+(Math.round(headFtExistingMain10.rawValue*10)/10)
}

I think if headFtExistingMain10 is null also set this field to null, correct? Try this and see if that fixes it.

Kosta

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Mayank_Gandhi
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

@ReluctantProgrammer Looks like a type mismatch between the object type and the value you are trying to set.

"illegal value: cannot assign 'True' to xfa[0].form[0].form1[0].page1[0].table1[0].row5[0].headwaterExistingMain10[0].#value[0].#float[0]."

Kosta_Prokopiu1
Employee
Employee

yes, and for me the hint lies in the #float[0]. You are trying to set a float field with the value True. Try 1 or 0 if that makes sense in your logic.

ReluctantProgrammer
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you Kosta.  Being a novice I'm not sure where the "true" is defined in my formula....

if (headFtExistingMain10.rawValue==null)
this.rawValue==null
else this.rawValue = (Math.round(hweFtMain10.rawValue*10)/10)+(Math.round(headFtExistingMain10.rawValue*10)/10)

Kosta_Prokopiu1
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

Hi @ReluctantProgrammer ,

hence your name 🙂 

I think the offender is the this.rawValue==null == is a comparator not an assignment. Here my guess at what you wanted to do:
if (headFtExistingMain10.rawValue == null) {
this.rawValue = null
} else {
this.rawValue = (Math.round(hweFtMain10.rawValue*10)/10)+(Math.round(headFtExistingMain10.rawValue*10)/10)
}

I think if headFtExistingMain10 is null also set this field to null, correct? Try this and see if that fixes it.

Kosta

View solution in original post

ReluctantProgrammer
Level 2
Level 2

Exactly!  😉

This is what I needed.  It's working great!

Thank you so much!!!