Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to use variables in 'Assign Task' Workflow step email template

Level 4

I have a form Workflow that maps some variables from a form submission, sends an email with a custom template that references some of those variables, then triggers an 'Assign Task' workflow step.  The 'Send Email' step works perfectly, it includes the data form the form submission in the template as expected (via something like ${variableName} in the template markup). However, if I do the same thing in the 'Assign Task' workflow step, the same variable does not work. It just gets printed in the email as plain text.  This is despite other default Workflow variables in the same email template working correctly (ex. ${workitem_title}).

Does the 'Assign Task' workflow step just not support variables in email templates, or am I doing something wrong?  See attached screenshot of template for example.  Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

yes custom component is required. not sure if you can pass process arguments. give it a try

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Thank you so much!  So if I'm reading this right I have to deploy a custom component just to map variables from the built-in Map Variables step into the Assign Task workflow step?  That's a little crazy to me that you have to jump through so many hoops to do something that seems so simple. It looks like I'd have to create a component for each Workflow as well, it's not universal. 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

yes custom component is required. not sure if you can pass process arguments. give it a try