Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Anchor links within a Designer form, is this possible?

Level 6

Good Morning,

I would like to add Anchor Links to Jump to a Specific Part/Section of a form. Like an HTML page can or how cross referencing works in Word. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Emilee

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @nowackem ,

well, sort of. There is the setFocus() function which would move the focus to a field somewhere. BUT you must use an interactive field to jump to. If you want to use pages the you need to do the bookmark approach @GirishBedekar showed you.

I have a quick example with both in it. See if that helps you...

Re: Anchor links within a Designer form, is this possible?

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 9

Yesss 

Google  for bookmarks in  live cycle designer 

Level 6

This will make bookmarks when you open the form in Acrobat, however the user still has to know where to find them and open that side panel to use them. If I could force the initial view to open that panel that would be ok but that is all greyed out. What I really want is to have a list of text links at the top of the page (on the page) to link to different sections of the document. Is that possible? Thank you!!

Level 6

If we are thinking in terms of a MS Word doc then yes like a TOC. If you are an HTML person they are actually called Anchors. I want a list displaying all my forms sections (1-10) at the top of the document and that list made into hyperlinks that "pop down" to that section. So yes, it would work like a TOC. 

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @nowackem ,

well, sort of. There is the setFocus() function which would move the focus to a field somewhere. BUT you must use an interactive field to jump to. If you want to use pages the you need to do the bookmark approach @GirishBedekar showed you.

I have a quick example with both in it. See if that helps you...

Re: Anchor links within a Designer form, is this possible?

Level 6

To summarize - @GirishBedekar had a great idea with the bookmarks which I may use on a different form but for this example, I needed a different approach. I was able to use @Kosta_Prokopiu1 's approach with the setFocus() function and make what I was calling my anchor links into a button then setting focus for them to the first interactive field in the section I wanted to link to and it works very well. Thank you both for your input, you got me there.

Level 1

I'm looking to do the same thing.  Can you please share the examples you have?  Thank you

Level 6

@ettenna1297  Below is a link to the file where I created "Anchor" buttons to simulate HTML Anchor Links. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YM_WQHCCuq-nSeV89epdMqt4LoWwzw6q?usp=sharing