Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM DESIGNER HTML5 FORMS FLOATING FIELDS ISSUE

Level 4

Hi Team,

I am recently working on converting PDF forms developed in  AEM designer to make them HTML5 Compatible. However i am facing issues with the Floating fields.

It seems that the values are getting properly assigned to the variables but they are not getting displayed on the form. The same is working with the PDF version but is not working with the HTML5 form.

Can someone please guide me through this issue as i am not able to find any solutions for the problem.

Thank You 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

to enable floating fields support in html5 renditon of xdp ,please follow the following steps

workflowuser_0-1628520543699.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Employee Advisor

@pranaym48551345 

Please confirm the version of AEM Forms you're using? Are rendering the Form using default profile?

Also, could you please share a screenshot of the floating field in the PDF form when renedered as a PDF and as HTML.

Level 4

Hi Pulkit,

I am using the AEM forms 6.5 version and also i am trying to test the changes in my local designer. Can you please confirm if i can test the same in my local or i have publish the form in the server and test.

pranaym48551345_0-1628502892471.png

I am using the floating field like this and based on the selection of the dropdown at the top of the page i am setting the values for the floating fields.

Also i am using the same text for both PDF and HTML, please confirm i need to make any changes for the same or if this syntax is correct.

Thanks
Pranay

Employee
I think that the floatingFields themselves are not the problem. I have HTML forms converted from PDF where this works. My guess is that the data may not end up in the hidden fields because of issues with scripting. HTML5 changes some rules as to how and when events are executed and what is visible on HTML level and what not. Do you use scripting?

Level 4
No I did not use any scripting for the same, I just used the simple assignment like floatingField.rawValue = this.rawValue .

Employee
I cannot promise anything, but if you PM me a link to your XDP on sth like google-drive I can have a look. If you use data please send a sample xml as well.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

to enable floating fields support in html5 renditon of xdp ,please follow the following steps

workflowuser_0-1628520543699.png

Employee Advisor

@pranaym48551345  Please follow the steps as @workflowuser pointed out. If the issue persist kindly share a test form with us. 

Level 3

Hi Mayank,

We are upgraded to AEM Forms latest patch and I found that floating field issue. Floating field value is displaying in PDF whereas in HTML5 value is coming as null. I have added the mfDataDependentFloatingField proprty as well but no luck.

Thanks,

Srujan