Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.5 Form Submission Action

Level 10

Hi,

Kindly suggest how to configure AEM 6.5 Form Submission Action to store form data in JCR.

It used to be an out of box option in earlier AEM versions.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@AEM_Forum 

For your demo, you can use the OOTB Forms Portal Submit Action that saves the data in the CRX in the form of XML under /content/forms/fp/admin/submit/[metadata/data] but as @GirishBedekar advised, we don't recommend using this approach for known reasons.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 9

If you just want to store the data as an xml file you can configure the form to submit to an AEM workflow 

otherwise you will have to write some custom code to do the same

Level 10
Thanks Girish. But It used to be an out of box option in earlier AEM versions correct? I never had to configure any wf or write any custom code for the same purpose. Thanks, Rama.

Level 9
Yes we have removed it for security reasons and we do not recommend to store the data on the publish instance

Level 10
I understand it now. Thanks Girish. But, is there any Submit action that I could demo quicly OOB, withoiut me configuring any WF or writing any code please?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@AEM_Forum 

For your demo, you can use the OOTB Forms Portal Submit Action that saves the data in the CRX in the form of XML under /content/forms/fp/admin/submit/[metadata/data] but as @GirishBedekar advised, we don't recommend using this approach for known reasons.

Hope this helps.

Level 10
Thanks a lot Pulkit and Girish. This has worked and this is exactly what I have been looking for. Rama.