Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Add a user same as "admin" user

Level 4

I am trying to create a new user in AEM and want to provide the same rights that an "admin" user has to the newly created user.

But when I create the user and try to assign "Groups" to the same then is it showing me "administrator" and not showing "admin".

Can you please help me achieve the same, as its not allowing me to perform certain tasks that are possible to be done with "admin" user rather than an "administrator" user.

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

Please confirm the tasks when you say "its not allowing me to perform certain tasks" .

Share the screenshot of the group you added and how?

Level 4

I have created some Adobe IMS configurations from "admin" and when I am logging from the other user its not showing up as well as invocations to those are not allowing me to make the calls.

login to http://localhost:4502/projects.html --> go to Tools --> Security --> User --> Create new user --> Go to Groups tab.

In the groups tab drop down it is only showing "administrator" but not showing "admin"

Employee Advisor

Hope this will help. The blue one is admin(the name is administratorbut ID is admin) while red circled one if administrator group.

1778383_pastedImage_0.png

Level 4

understood, but as you can see in my snap, while adding user to the group, it should show "administrator" instead it is only showing "administrators" in order to enable the user to allow to have same previleges as "admin" user.

Query.jpg

Employee Advisor

administrators is the group you want to be member of

Employee Advisor

Hi Sobhan,

This is correct 'administrators' is the group to which you need to add the user.

Employee Advisor

When you want a user to have the same permission as one user you add all those groups that an original user is a part of to the new user. If you want to check the ACL user the useradmin page and go to permissions tab of the user and check the permissions.