Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adaptive Forms - get service to populate repeating panel: extra panel appears

Level 2

I have developed an app on AEM 6.5 consisting of several pages containing adaptive forms.  With most of these pages, an adaptive form has a repeating panel which populates with data on the initialize event.  I am using Data Integrations (and want to keep using that for now with the App) and have Form Data Model Data Integrations with Get services that I use to populate the repeating panels.  MySQL database.

There is a bug where the DB table has, for example, five rows that should display on the repeating panel, but a sixth empty panel displays on the form.  This bug occurs on all the forms using different Get services.  If I test the service on Data Integrations, only the five sets of data displays.

Thanks for any suggestions.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

The way I solved this issue was to do a new data integration using two associated tables, and then populate the form using the Form Data Model based on that.  My approach used this tutorial in part: Prefill form using form data model | Adobe Experience Manager   At the moment, I still don't understand why the original Get service/data integration using the Rules Editor resulted in an extra blank instance - I'll think that over more and post later on this.  I will say that the method that worked properly had fewer scripts than the method that didn't.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

@BrownDesk123 what's the forms add-on package? could you share a trimmed version of the form? I just need to see the table, FDM invocation, and the binding

Level 2

Hi Mayank,

The forms Add-On package is 6.5.10.  

I use the Rules Editor and Invoke Service to invoke the get service.  

Andrew

Employee Advisor

@BrownDesk123 by any chance you can send the pkg to an email I shared in inbox 

Employee Advisor

@BrownDesk123 

If you see the expected data set with test integration, then prefilling the data could be an issue. Can you also check if you see the correct data set (without blank data) by enabling console logs using guideBridge.getData API?

I don't recall seeing any such issues with repeatable panels, but there are a few limitations w.r.t bound/unbound fields of the panel when implemented with a bound schema. You can review and compare.

Also, are there any additional rules enabled on the form specific to these panels?

Level 2

The rule that populates the panel is triggered by the initialize event for the panel.  There are no other rules for that panel.  Their may be rules for other components within the panel such as a button.

None of the fields have a bind reference.   The forms have associated forms models (Properties).  Should I try the form without a form model?  

Andrew  

Level 2

I took out the Form Model and that didn't have an impact.  I shouldn't have had it there anyway - not using it.  I use the Rules Editor to populate the panel fields.

Correct answer by
Level 2

The way I solved this issue was to do a new data integration using two associated tables, and then populate the form using the Form Data Model based on that.  My approach used this tutorial in part: Prefill form using form data model | Adobe Experience Manager   At the moment, I still don't understand why the original Get service/data integration using the Rules Editor resulted in an extra blank instance - I'll think that over more and post later on this.  I will say that the method that worked properly had fewer scripts than the method that didn't.