Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Use case: Review Dates

Level 3

Hi,

I want to monitor the digital asset lifecycle of assets stored in the DAM through scheduled review tasks. I'd like to set the review date of an asset as soon as it is uploaded to AEM, and then be notified in the future when it's time to perform the review task. A bonus feature I would like to see is to be able to automatically set review dates based on the asset type (e.g. social media content has a review date set 6 months from the creation date, catalogue has a review date set 1 year from the creation date, etc.)

Are there OOTB tools to be able to accomplish this specific use case?

Thank you,

Morgan

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@MorganMeik You can write a simple workflow process to execute when you upload the asset into DAM. The process can set the review date based on MimeType of the asset. You can add this WF process to OOTB DAM Update Asset workflow or custom workflow. 

You can also write a custom scheduler to run daily to look for assets which are up for review in say coming 7 days by looking at the review date you set during upload. 

You can also check the OOTB report builders from ACS commons to create reports of assets for the review dates to run adhoc

https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/report-builder/index.html 

hope this info gives an idea.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@MorganMeik You can write a simple workflow process to execute when you upload the asset into DAM. The process can set the review date based on MimeType of the asset. You can add this WF process to OOTB DAM Update Asset workflow or custom workflow. 

You can also write a custom scheduler to run daily to look for assets which are up for review in say coming 7 days by looking at the review date you set during upload. 

You can also check the OOTB report builders from ACS commons to create reports of assets for the review dates to run adhoc

https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/report-builder/index.html 

hope this info gives an idea.