Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

The mechanism of publishing assets from Author

Level 1

Hi

Could someone tell me the mechanism of publishing assets?

When published asserts is changed in local author then it is published, How does publishing perfome?

Doss It peform as full,incremental or differential?

If changing asset is metadata only, does that mechanism perfome in the same way? 

I am using MongoMk and binary data is stored in MongoDB.

regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

In a normal setup, files are activated and published out in full. The system just knows a node is changed, and activates it accordingly, without the context of what has changed.

So when using Tar storage, this is an ideal scenario for a shared datastore, so that author and publish access the same file, so there is no copying.once you turn on binary less replication,

As you are using Mongo, then the file is shared in author only, and must be replicated out to the publish servers. This is fine unless you deal with very large files.

I think this would be good to qualify with Customer Care or post in the sticky above for a feature request

Mark

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

In a normal setup, files are activated and published out in full. The system just knows a node is changed, and activates it accordingly, without the context of what has changed.

So when using Tar storage, this is an ideal scenario for a shared datastore, so that author and publish access the same file, so there is no copying.once you turn on binary less replication,

As you are using Mongo, then the file is shared in author only, and must be replicated out to the publish servers. This is fine unless you deal with very large files.

I think this would be good to qualify with Customer Care or post in the sticky above for a feature request

Mark