Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

process asset path before importing asset metadata using metadata import feature

Level 2

Hello,

As per my requirement I need to some how process the uploaded csv(whenever client uploads csv with assetPath and metadata) file and modify the assetPath (before doing actual metadata update)given in csv and then process the importing metadata. How the existing OOTB import metadata functionality can be customised here ??is there some workflow that I can extend any pointers would be helpful. 

Please check @diksha_mishra @Dipti_Chauhan 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@srikanth7792 you have correctly mentioned the OOTB feature in your post, more info described in Adobe doc: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/assets/administer/metadata-import-expo... 

Can you please elaborate more on the specific custom requirement? 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@srikanth7792 you have correctly mentioned the OOTB feature in your post, more info described in Adobe doc: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/assets/administer/metadata-import-expo... 

Can you please elaborate more on the specific custom requirement? 

Level 2
By mistake I marked it as correct answer, not sure how to revert it though, but my requirement is once user uploads csv with some assetPath's I need update those assetPath's to different assetPath based on custom logic. How Can I introduce this additional step into this complete import metadata workflow.

Community Advisor

Hi @srikanth7792 

This is not out of box to manipulate csv before importing,

You need to update/add action which metadataimporter is using,

Here is JS which is doing the magic :

/libs/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/importmetadata/clientlibs/js/importmetadata.js

Thanks

Dipti