Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Multi select dropdown metadata schema field corrupting data

Level 3

Env: AEM as cloud service 6.5

I've got a custom metadata schema applied for certain asset folders.

Its got a multi select drop down field.

I'm noticing this weird behaviour where multi select field is not behaving as expected.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open asset properties and choose multiple options for the drop down field and click save. Say you've selected 3 options.
  2. Field gets saved as string array in jcr
  3. Open the asset properties again, don't make any changes, just save it.
  4. Notice the first element in the array gets deleted and is replaced with an empty entry. Network call indicates a call to @delete.
  5. This happens until the array is completely emptied

Screen recording of the issue:

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/5214107?key=e58794cc1f0dd94a89686f42287a7c99

Network console form data:

./jcr:content/metadata/dc:language:

./jcr:content/metadata/dc:language: ar_ye
./jcr:content/metadata/dc:language: be_by
./jcr:content/metadata/dc:language@Delete:

I believe the last entry is causing the issue.

I tried adding below to the field schema
deleteHint={boolean}true
deleteHint={boolean}false

Still deletes entries during save and close.
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@subsul1  you have explained the issue very well. As per my experience, this seems more like a bug with the AEM 6.5 cloud instance. It would be best to open a daycare ticket with Adobe Support. The team should try reproducing the issue and provide a fix accordingly. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@subsul1  you have explained the issue very well. As per my experience, this seems more like a bug with the AEM 6.5 cloud instance. It would be best to open a daycare ticket with Adobe Support. The team should try reproducing the issue and provide a fix accordingly. 

Level 4

Hi,

Can you verify this behavior in any out of the box multi select dropdown? This will help you to isolate if it is a product or a custom field issue. In case of product issue, a daycare ticket might help.

Regards,

Manpreet

Level 3

Yep, can confirm this is happening to OOTB fields as well. Will create a day care ticket.

Level 6

@subsul1 Even i faced this issue in past. As you have already raised a ticket with Adobe. You can post it here once it is resolved.

Thank You.