Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Loading phone pictures directly into Assets

Level 2

Has anyone had experience of loading pictures taken on a phone directly into assets?  We have a use case where our field team wil be taking pictures while out in the field and were looking at a process that makes it easy for them to take the photo, load it to the right node and be done.  It would be better if they can actually take a photo "in" Assets so they don't even need to worry about the picture even hitting their phone's memory/file structure.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I did a quick test and it worked for me.

The pre-requisite is to have your DAM domain publicly available so that the authors can access the URL from phone without a need of a VPN.

Once they are able to access the instance, they can upload assets by directly clicking from camera. This will not impact their phone memory too. Let me know if you have any questions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I did a quick test and it worked for me.

The pre-requisite is to have your DAM domain publicly available so that the authors can access the URL from phone without a need of a VPN.

Once they are able to access the instance, they can upload assets by directly clicking from camera. This will not impact their phone memory too. Let me know if you have any questions.

Level 2

I was able to access Assets via my phone and was able to uploade an image I already had. This was successful. Is there any way for me to load a new image without having to take the photo first and then upload it? Maybe from a different Adobe app?

My ideal state would be as follows.  The second and third point could be flipped.

• Open app/site/platform/etc.
  • Point where I want image/video to go
  • Take picture/video
  • Confirm