Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Limiting metadata field entries to defined tags only

Level 3

Hopefully a simple one !

In our metadata schema we've got a tags field, that allows users to look up the agreed list of tags.

GeraintJo_0-1705665372174.png

but it also allows users to enter free format text into the field and  save it.

I can't find any setting to only allows tags in the field to be chosen from the agreed metadata, and NOT allow free format text.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Thanks all for your input.

I'm a business admin user so don't have access/knowledge of CRX so can't test those solutions myself.

I'll add them to the docs I'll give my IT team to help them when it comes to them as a change request !!

Thanks again

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @GeraintJo ,

This feature which you need to achieve is not available in OOTB tags field. However, to achieve this feature you need to overlay the same(/libs/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/schemaforms/formbuilder/formfields/v2/tagsfield/tagsfield.jsp) or add new field altogether. 

Please refer : AEM: Custom metadata forms for Assets | by Theo Pendle | Medium

Community Advisor

Hi @GeraintJo,

In general there are 2 ways to achieve your goal:

1. Quick workaround that you can apply without additional development. In general Tags Filed in metadata schema is using cq/gui/components/coral/common/form/tagfield in background. Having this knowledge you can simply navigate to that filed in your custom schema in crx and add forceSelection property. This will restrict users to only select tags.
    Here is a sample screen that shows what you have to do - of course location of your schema in crx could be a bit different in you case.
    tags-meta-selection.jpg
  2. Proper solution will be to implement some changes, please follow the instructions I have provided in other topic. It is exactly the same case you have: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/metadata-schema-tagfield-i...

Administrator

@GeraintJo Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Level 3

Thanks all for your input.

I'm a business admin user so don't have access/knowledge of CRX so can't test those solutions myself.

I'll add them to the docs I'll give my IT team to help them when it comes to them as a change request !!

Thanks again