Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Description Field from Metadata is becoming the asset Title after upload to AEM

Level 2

I am in the process of uploading many assets from a variety of vendors to our AEM. I have noticed that any files with a description in the attached metadata end up having this description as their final title instead of the file name. Is there a reason the description is becoming the title? Is there a way to stop it short of removing the metadata from all of these files?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

@corinnepreston The title is being pulled from the dc:title field in the asset metadata. Can you please check if the assets has the description in dc:title field.

Thanks

Narendra

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

@corinnepreston The title is being pulled from the dc:title field in the asset metadata. Can you please check if the assets has the description in dc:title field.

Thanks

Narendra

Level 2

Yes! You are correct after reviewing the assets more closely, they are using the same copy for both title and description. That was an oversight on my part but at least makes the fix easier.