Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Issue with metadata import in AEM Assets Bulk Import Tool

Employee Advisor

I've configured the Bulk Ingestion tool to fetch assets from Azure Blob store. I've also placed the metadata file in Azure blob. I'm then trying to "Dry Run" the import tool and I get the below error

shellygoel_0-1642506424216.png

If I remove the metadata file path from the tool configuration, the import works fine but I need to import the metadata as well. Please suggest.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The issue was that the csv file was getting uploaded with content-type “application/vnd.ms-excel” when we tried from Chrome/ Firefox or Edge. We had to upload it from Safari browser so that it maintained it's Content-type as "text/csv"

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 4

Hi Shelly, 

Can you share metadata csv file using to upload the metadata?

Additionally, you can try with keeping first column empty in csv and then upload the metadata. 

Employee Advisor

@NitinL 

Thanks for the response. I've tested the csv file by uploading the metadata from AEM Assets UI and it works fine. It is only giving issue when I want to automate the ingestion of assets along with metadata through bulk ingestion tool.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/adobe-developers-live-2021...

I hope you can help.

Thanks

Shelly

Level 4

We had a similar use case in one of our project. We used a 2 step approach - first migrate the assets from azure blob to AEM DAM and second was to apply metadata on the migrated assets. For migration, we used the bulk ingestion and for applying the metadata we used the metadata import OOTB feature.

Regards,

Manpreet

Employee Advisor

Unfortunately we cannot upload the file manually and we need to use bulk ingestion.

I've noticed that the file that get's uploaded to Azure Blob is having content-type as “application/vnd.ms-excel” but it should be text/csv. Is there a way to change the content-type of the file uploaded to Azure?

Level 4

How are you uploading the file in azure? Manually or using some tool? 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The issue was that the csv file was getting uploaded with content-type “application/vnd.ms-excel” when we tried from Chrome/ Firefox or Edge. We had to upload it from Safari browser so that it maintained it's Content-type as "text/csv"