Expand my Community achievements bar.

Issue using Command Line DAM Workflow

Level 1

I like to execute a command line programm as a DAM workflow. I tried to implement the ImageMagic example from here: Best Practices for Configuring ImageMagick :

I addded a new Workflow Model,

added "command line" from the "DAM Workflow" list.

In the Argument tab set Mime type to "image/jpeg" (even tried wihtout Mime type)

and in Commands: `"C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.7-Q16\magick.exe" convert ${file} -flip ${file}-flipped.jpg` (instead of `magick convet ...` because in another discussion using an absolute path instead of global name helped people Re: CommmandLineProcess : ImageMagick)

I then added a luncher. And uploaded an Image to the DAM.
In the workflow > instances overview, i see that the workflow was started, it's running and the command line job is set to active.

Unfortunantly this state is never chnaged and no new asset is generated via imageMagic.
I even tried replacing the command with something simple like "ren C:\test\foo.txt bar.txt" which renames a local file. The chnage never happend either.

My question is what am i doing wrong, and how can i debug / find the command outputs? in \crx-quickstart\logs i couldn't find any logs regarding CommandLineProcess.

Thanx

1352933_pastedImage_1.png

7 Replies

Level 1

i tried, but dind't had the same options to pick from, e.g I couldn't find the "Web enabled rendition" step. I uploaded a screen shot. (i'm using AEM 6.1 and 6.2)

Level 10

So in your experience - the documentation does not line up with AEM version you are using?

Level 1

i would say yes. (or maybe i'm doing it wrong).

for example i can't find a "Web enabled rendition" step,

or the Command Line DAM Workflow has an "Arguments" tab and not a text field wih that name like the "FFmpeg transcoding" step has.

1354809_pastedImage_0.png

Level 10

You should be able to follow the documentation to perform this use case. We are asking the team to look here.

Level 1

Hi meb31677641 ,

I tried replicating steps on AEM 6.2, and could find "Web Enabled Image" tab in the "command line workflow step".

There's no workflow step with this name, only a tab within command line workflow step.

Can you please elaborate more on your AEM setup (Any SP and cfp installed on the vanilla instance)? Also, share the "command line" command you are using to generate rendition.