Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Importing Metadata Failure

Level 1

I have been trying to add a .csv file to AEM DAM and I keep getting a failure due to "Job failed due to an exception(Required column assetPath not present in the sheet)." I looked at other posts and did what was suggested but it will NOT work. I've added a photo of what the document looks like. Do not understand the problem. I also have 166 lines and the max is 100. How do I get the other 66 to upload. 

Screenshot 2024-07-31 at 4.37.27 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@NormHadad31  Please check the following:

1. The assets mentioned in the sheet are present in AEM DAM already

2. You are saving the file as CSV using below highlighted format only: 

diksha_mishra_0-1722490353908.png

I faced a similar issue because I was using CSV UTF-8 by mistake.

Please let me know if this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@NormHadad31  Please check the following:

1. The assets mentioned in the sheet are present in AEM DAM already

2. You are saving the file as CSV using below highlighted format only: 

diksha_mishra_0-1722490353908.png

I faced a similar issue because I was using CSV UTF-8 by mistake.

Please let me know if this helps.

Level 1

I have made sure of both of those. The assets are in the DAM. Its the actual sheet I exported from AEM. One of my users just added the metadata and sent it back. I then checked it against the original and verified the format. When I tried to upload I got the error. 

"Job failed due to an exception(Required column assetPath not present in the sheet)."

I also need to mention I am NOT on the Cloud service. We are an "on prem" 6.5 customer.

Level 1

I figured out the issue. Your direction was perfect. I did not see the file extension you mentioned because I am on a Mac. The format needed for Mac is Comma Separated Values (.csv). Mac assumes the (Comma Delimited) part of that file extension. I was able to upload the metadata successfully. Thank you for your direction.

Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 9.42.26 PM.png