Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Hiding dam folders in aem based on group

Level 3

Hi Guys, can anyone please help me out in hiding few folders based on groups

There are around 30 groups, i want to show few set folders only to people belonging to group called "brandassets-admin" and hide those specific folders to all other groups

5 Replies

Level 4

Hi, Preetam

Suppose if you have a dam-parent group which is applicable to all folders inside DAM, then create a new group called "brandassets-admin" and add your dam-parent group to your new group. Now your new group have all the permissions as your dam-parent group.

Now, go to your dam-parent group and deny permission to the folders which you want to show to only "brandassets-admin". Then go to "brandassets-admin" group and go to permissions tab and allow those specific folders which you want to show to only the new group.

Please let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Vamsi

Level 3

vjetty  Hi vamsi, actually my requirement is i want to show few folders only to "brandassets-admin" group and hide it from all other groups.

so that users belonging to"brandassets-admin" only can see those folders. All other users must not able able to view those folders.

Community Advisor

Hi Preetham

I tried to demo it here User_Permission_setting . See if this helps you

Here

content-authors group is the parent group with access to all content and I have added the brandassets-admin to the same. Lets say I dont want to show We.Retail DAM to this user. I go to the permissions and remove that particular content access .

Similar way you can set permissions for the other groups

Level 3

Hi Veena, that was very helpful in understanding...Thanks