Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Email Notification template

Level 2

Hi, 

When I am trying to send the email notification template in a workflow, it always points towards 

/libs/settings/workflow/notification/email/default/en.txt  template but it is not a good practice to make any changes in libs if I have to modify the template. 

Could anyone help me know is there any other way that how to customize the new email template and redirect workflow towards it ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You are right, in cloud setup EMailNotificationService implementation has changed a bit. So overlay could work in AEM as a Cloud Service, but for on-prem version 6.5 and 6.4 it will not, due to the reason I have described in my previews message.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 4

You can overlay it under /apps and workflow would automatically pick anything under /apps over /libs (If cloud impl ) . E.g. for asset expiry notification we overlayed /libs/settings/dam/notification/email/default/com.adobe.cq.dam.asset.expiry.prior/en.txt to 

/apps/settings/dam/notification/email/default/com.adobe.cq.dam.asset.expiry.prior/en.txt and added our own text/html.

Community Advisor

Hi @khasinaparveen,

According to the official documentation:

Template for email workflow notification can be changed only under /libs. Overlay of /libs/settings/workflow/notification/email/default/en.txt will not work because com.day.cq.workflow.impl.email.EMailNotificationService which is responsible to sent an email has hardcoded path to /libs/settings/workflow/notification/email/default.

Alternatively you can try to extend EMailNotificationService and change location of template to use your custom location.

Level 4

Okay , we did use it recently and it worked for us (on cloud) , you may want to check that.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You are right, in cloud setup EMailNotificationService implementation has changed a bit. So overlay could work in AEM as a Cloud Service, but for on-prem version 6.5 and 6.4 it will not, due to the reason I have described in my previews message.

Level 2

Yes Exactly. In AEM as a cloud it worked. But, for 6.5 no overlay was working. Had to edit the template under /libs.

Thank you.

Level 4

khasinaparveen which version of AEM are you using. If cloud , you can overlay the the default template and if on 6.5 you need to write your own service as discussed above.