Expand my Community achievements bar.

Does AEM support SCORM files (HTML projects that comprise more than one file in the form of a zipped folder, such as a learning course?)

Level 1

Can I upload HTML projects that comprise more than one file to my AEM website? I want to upload SCORM files, which are HTML at the core, but include font, images, etc. for learning courses. We're not ready to use Adobe Learning Manager nor do we need Adobe Connect at this point.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

@lcap4 

Here’s how you can approach this in AEM without needing Adobe Learning Manager or Adobe Connect:

1. Package the SCORM File Correctly:

SCORM packages are typically delivered as ZIP files, containing an index.html file along with all the necessary assets (like fonts, images, and scripts). Make sure the SCORM content is packaged correctly with all supporting files in their respective directories.

2. Upload the SCORM Package:

• Assets Upload: Upload the SCORM ZIP package to AEM Assets. You can upload it to a specific folder that organizes your learning content.
  • Unzip the Package: Once uploaded, AEM allows you to extract the ZIP archive. This will preserve the folder structure (important for SCORM content) and unpack the individual assets (HTML, CSS, JavaScript, images, etc.) into your repository.

3. Deliver and Render the SCORM Content:

• You can link to the SCORM content by referencing the index.html file in the AEM repository.
  • Set up an AEM page that embeds or redirects to the SCORM content, ensuring that the index.html file is the entry point for your SCORM course.

Hope this helps.

Administrator

@lcap4 Did you find the suggestion helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!

Kautuk Sahni