Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Customize Assets Console

Level 1

I'm working on a demand that needs a column to be added in the assets console of AEM as a Cloud Service.

This column needs to present the data of a specific field of the content fragments in folder. (jcr:content/data/master/my_field)

I got it by doing an overlay of availablecolumns and reorder.jsp in my local SDK.

- /apps/dam/gui/content/commons/availablecolumns

- /apps/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/contentrenderer/row/common/reorder.jsp

but working with jsp is no longer recommended and maybe not even supported.

There is another way to achieve this goal?

Maybe using clientlibs or PageInfoProviders. And how? Someone has an example?

mmouraam_0-1659621167103.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @mmouraam,

The approach you have described is correct and is aligned with Adobe recommendations. Overlay and/or PageInfoProvider is the way to go:

In terms of jsp usage, you are right it is not recommended. However this rule is not valid in case of overlay of existing functionalities. In that case it is correct to use jsp in that scenario, assuming original functionality that you are overlaying is using jsp - it will not be possible to implement proper overlay other ways. There are lot of OOTB functionalities written that is using jsp, I do not think support of jsp will be discontinued soon.

Regarding PageInfoProvider examples, here are some:

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @mmouraam,

The approach you have described is correct and is aligned with Adobe recommendations. Overlay and/or PageInfoProvider is the way to go:

In terms of jsp usage, you are right it is not recommended. However this rule is not valid in case of overlay of existing functionalities. In that case it is correct to use jsp in that scenario, assuming original functionality that you are overlaying is using jsp - it will not be possible to implement proper overlay other ways. There are lot of OOTB functionalities written that is using jsp, I do not think support of jsp will be discontinued soon.

Regarding PageInfoProvider examples, here are some: