Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Asset Upload form?

Level 2

We have a requirement to make author enter a set of mandatory metadata info on Asset upload and if they dont enter it, the Asset shouldn’t be uploaded. Is there any known implementation of such a use case?

Maybe instead of the upload form, we show a browse button + the mandatory fields and popup an upload form on drag/drop.

just to be clear, the mandatory fields are to be updated not after upload by opening up the properties. Any suggestions or examples?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

You can try something like creating a folder under /apps and then creating own metadata form. You would need to write a js to invoke the metadata form while asset upload.

I see some implementation in a blog - Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 63 - Touch UI Assets Console add Metadata while ...

You can refer here for some guidelines as well.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 2

Hi nalex2631,

You can find a similar query here - Customize Asset Pop-up window (the one that shows right after uploading a new asset)

This is an article on customizing assets page http://blogs.adobe.com/experiencedelivers/experience-managemen and might be helpful.

The pre-requisite for it would be enabling the Assets Home page experience - https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/author/assets%2 .

Level 2

Not sure if you really understood my question.

Level 2

Sorry for not being able to answer the question properly. I thought that your use case can be implemented by customizing asset pop up window as described in the links above to have desired fields.

Level 10

You question is "how to let an author enter a set of mandatory metadata info on Asset upload" - no?

Correct answer by
Level 2

You can try something like creating a folder under /apps and then creating own metadata form. You would need to write a js to invoke the metadata form while asset upload.

I see some implementation in a blog - Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 63 - Touch UI Assets Console add Metadata while ...

You can refer here for some guidelines as well.