Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Allow temporary access (read-only) for prospects & permanent access for employees to Adobe AEM digital assets.

Level 1

Hi all, 

Need your guidance regarding management of Adobe AEM digital assets. We have few videos & PDFs that we want to share with:

1. Prospects: Allow temporary access (read-only) that should expire based on the chosen timeline. 

2. Employees: Permanent access.

Regards,

Sourabh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Sourabh,

You have to work with a developer on this who has knowledge of scheduler service in AEM.

Thanks

Tuhin

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 7

Hi Sourabh,

Create two closed user group and provide the permissions accordingly. To read about closed user group please refer the below link

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/howto/create_apply_cug.html

Thanks

Tuhin

Level 1

Hi Tuhin, Thanks for the guidance. But my challenge is that each Prospects is given access individually at different times so I cannot bundle them together and give temp. access.

- Sourabh

Level 7

Is there a specific time from when the user is given access and then after a specific time the access is taken back?

In that case you need to maintain an excel or csv file in your server having all your user and the access end date. Now create a scheduler which would run everyday and take that csv as an input. Based on that csv the access would be removed if the end date is already passed.

Hope this solves your problem.

Thanks

Tuhin

Level 1

Thanks Tuhin for your quick reply.

Prospects are given access as and when they are identified as potential new customers/users. The access is usually for couple of weeks and sent in the email invitation with an video/PDF link expiration date. 

The suggestion regarding csv file is something that a AEM Content Author or Admin. can configure or will have to work with a developer? 

Regards, 

Sourabh

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Sourabh,

You have to work with a developer on this who has knowledge of scheduler service in AEM.

Thanks

Tuhin

Level 1

Thanks Tuhin, I will reach out to the developer and work on this. 

Regards, 

Sourabh