Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Dynamic Media Smart Crop Metadata

Level 2

Hi All.

I am trying to figure out a way to read the metadata of the smart cropped images. I see that images generate smart crops(via URLS) with whatever Image profile I set but I cannot find any property that is being created for the smart renditions in the JCR.

I also sometimes see a property called “ips-job-handle”  of type “String[]” and e.g. value of “j|228284||CQ5_batch_upload_Dynamic Media Smart Crop_1612479939407|365187081” being created and it is not consistent across all the images uploaded. Also that property doesn’t give any information about how many smart crops are being generated.

Is there a way to look for the metadata of the smart crops?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

Welcome to Adobe AEM Community.

When you apply Smart Crop, metadata is applied on the folder, where images are placed on your AEM Assets (/content/dam)

On the images and on those Smart Crop rendition, you might not found the metadata property, but that folder's metadata will have a property about Image Profile, that generates Smart Crop Rendition.

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

Welcome to Adobe AEM Community.

When you apply Smart Crop, metadata is applied on the folder, where images are placed on your AEM Assets (/content/dam)

On the images and on those Smart Crop rendition, you might not found the metadata property, but that folder's metadata will have a property about Image Profile, that generates Smart Crop Rendition.

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur