Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Add favicon to AEM assets such as pdf / videos

Level 2

Hi Members,

we have a site wholly hosted on AEM and apache webserver. We are facing an issue where the web pages are displaying favicon.ico correctly but the same are not getting displayed on pdfs and videos.

On searching online, we found that keeping favicon in root folder should resolve the issue or keeping in /etc/designs/default can help in resolving the issue, but none of them are working.

Due to this issue, we are getting lot of 404 error logs almost 10K per day. Please help in resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

I believe you need to do this using the browser's "default" request for /favicon.ico -- you can obviously conditionally re-route this request in Apache Webserver (or even in a AEM servlet if you wanted to write one) - I think there should be context that the request is "for" a binary request by looking at the referrer header.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

I believe you need to do this using the browser's "default" request for /favicon.ico -- you can obviously conditionally re-route this request in Apache Webserver (or even in a AEM servlet if you wanted to write one) - I think there should be context that the request is "for" a binary request by looking at the referrer header.

Could you please provide an example of apache re-routing ? this would be helpful.