Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Setting up new Reports & Analytics users via Adobe Marketing Cloud Administration tool

Level 4

Does anyone have any good resources on the "right" way to setup users and groups in Adobe Marketing Cloud specifically for Adobe Analytics (Reports & Analytics)?

For a recent project, I created a new User Group in Marketing Cloud, added the Adobe Analytics product to the group, and then invited about a dozen users via email.

Unfortunately most users had a poor on-boarding experience because for some reason, they weren't assigned to a legacy group in their Adobe Analytics profiles. So their first message after login looked like the attached image.

The solution for me as the consultant was to wait for the user to login, email me about the lack of access, then I login to Adobe Analytics, add legacy groups to their Reports & Analytics login, and ask them to login again.

As an end user admin, can I control which groups new users are automatically added to?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You should be able to create an Analytics permission group that contains the permissions you'd like (all reports access, web services, ect..), then map that group to a product configuration in the Adobe Admin Console. I recently wrote a knowledge base article on mapping permissions groups here. This article uses DTM as the example, but Analytics is very similar.

Once you've successfully setup and mapped a product configuration, you should be able to add users to that configuration. After accepting the invitation, the user should be able to log into Analytics successfully. 

Cheers,
Jantzen

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You should be able to create an Analytics permission group that contains the permissions you'd like (all reports access, web services, ect..), then map that group to a product configuration in the Adobe Admin Console. I recently wrote a knowledge base article on mapping permissions groups here. This article uses DTM as the example, but Analytics is very similar.

Once you've successfully setup and mapped a product configuration, you should be able to add users to that configuration. After accepting the invitation, the user should be able to log into Analytics successfully. 

Cheers,
Jantzen

Level 4

Thanks Jantzen, I followed your guide and was able to set this up. How confusing??

Level 10

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be sure to pass it along to our enterprise development team. Unfortunately, merging user and permissions management from many complex solutions into a single interface can be complicated. Fortunately, our teams are up for the task and are hard at work making progress with each release.