Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Tabs components items tab customization - aem cloud

Level 4

Hi Team,

Is there any possibility to customize the items tab? I would like to add a new field for each tab inside multifield. Any suggestions please? I have gone through the panelcontainer dialog but didnot find the place to add new fields.

Lakshmi9_0-1681926231040.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Lakshmi9 , Yes it is possible
First we need to override `core/wcm/components/commons/editor/dialog/childreneditor/v1/childreneditor`. and update childeditor.html with the custom fields that we want to add and also modify the childeditor.js logic to read the values and show up in the dialog.
Point this overridden childreneditor to our tabs component dialog containeritems.
Add your custom clientlibs to our dialog to extraclientlibs property in place of core.wcm.components.commons.editor.dialog.childreneditor.v1

krishna_sai_0-1682002100043.png

Hope this helps,
Krishna

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Lakshmi9 , Yes it is possible
First we need to override `core/wcm/components/commons/editor/dialog/childreneditor/v1/childreneditor`. and update childeditor.html with the custom fields that we want to add and also modify the childeditor.js logic to read the values and show up in the dialog.
Point this overridden childreneditor to our tabs component dialog containeritems.
Add your custom clientlibs to our dialog to extraclientlibs property in place of core.wcm.components.commons.editor.dialog.childreneditor.v1

krishna_sai_0-1682002100043.png

Hope this helps,
Krishna