Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

xtk:javascript write access for non admin

Community Advisor

Hello All,

I want user to have rights to write xtk:javascript without being part of the Administrator group. I have tried to add named rights but with no luck what so ever 

Thank you in advance

Marcel

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hello Marcel,

You can allow specific users to read/write specific folders by adding them in the "security" tab of the folder properties, as described here. I'm not sure this method will work though. So to be sure, what you can do is add the ADMINISTRATION named right to that user. The user won't be added to the administrator group. For example, he will then be able to access the Administration > Configuration > JavaScript codes folder and create new elements.

Also, if you want to be able to create JS code in a workflow, you will need the Workflow named right.

Hope this helps,

Florent.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hello Marcel,

You can allow specific users to read/write specific folders by adding them in the "security" tab of the folder properties, as described here. I'm not sure this method will work though. So to be sure, what you can do is add the ADMINISTRATION named right to that user. The user won't be added to the administrator group. For example, he will then be able to access the Administration > Configuration > JavaScript codes folder and create new elements.

Also, if you want to be able to create JS code in a workflow, you will need the Workflow named right.

Hope this helps,

Florent.

Community Advisor

Hello Florent,

yes you can do it as described but the user won't see other folders eventhough you add other rights aswell. I think I will create user as administrator dedicated only to this task :)

Kind regards,

Marcel

Level 10

Indeed in xtk:javascript schema (under Administration > Configuration > Data schemas) we can see that write access is provided only to users that have the administration rights. That being said, users that have administration rights are not necessarily part of the administrator user group, but they can see everything within the application.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Florent.