Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

What is the best (practice) method to exclude recipients who have already received a delivery in the last 5 days?

Level 2

As there are lots of ways of doing things in Adobe Campaign v6, I would like to know what's the best method to exclude recipients from a second delivery, if they have already received a delivery in the last 5 days. I'm now using the following, but I'm wondering if this is correct and if it's the best way of doing it:

1. Recipient delivery logs exist such as

2. Status of recipient delivery logs equal to Sent

3. Contact date on or after 5 days before

4 Replies

Employee

Hi Suzane,

That is one way of doing it although it may not be very efficient if you make a query/split to filter out these recipients.

A better approach would be to create a typology rule with the same filtering conditions and apply that typology rule in the delivery template.

Else , you may also opt for pressure rules . Check the guide here : Consistency rules

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 2

Hi Adhiyan,

Thank you for your reply. We have an instance which is used by multiple business units world wide and we want to use this functionality only for 1 specific campaign. Our users don't have access to typology rules as they are managed by our technology department. What is the best practice then?

Best regards,

Suzanne

Level 10

Hi Suzanne,

Pressure rule is the best way of achieving this. You can create a new typology and create this rule under the new typology create this rule. You can select this typology for your deliveries in this campaign. This rule will not impact any other campaign exclusion but your campaign.

What you have suggested is the second best option although it will fail when you have more than campaign scheduled for the day when you want to execute this campaign as this query filer will not consider future broadlog entries planned to go on the same date. If you can live with that, then you are ready to go.

Regards,

Amit