Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Updating custom schema from landing page

Level 4

Hi,

I saw the answer to this post:ACS - Unsubscription Service from https://forums.adobe.com/people/Garima%20Gakhar

Does this mean that when creating a subscription then the only schema that can be updated is the Profile schema or is it possible to update a second schema as well?

Question:

I want to put in values in an "Event" Schema(custom) when submitting a form from a landingpage can this be done?

Kind regards

Robert

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi Robert,

Could you set up a recurring workflow that updates the custom schema based on the subscription origin?

Granted the custom schema isn't updated instantly upon subscription, but you could have the workflow run regularly to ensure this update is made. That's how I'd approach it if the landing page isn't an option.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Hi robayzma​,

Default Landing Pages (Unsubscription) won't allow you to update any other Schema except Profiles Schema.

You will notice that the Access & loading Section doesn't allow selection of any other Schema, it has Profiles schema selected by itself and this filed is greyed out:

1619872_pastedImage_0.png

Same would hold true if you will duplicate any of these default pages.

Unless you do some custom implementation on your side which could update some other Schema.

But that again would be similar to an alternative mentioned in ACS - Unsubscription Service  wherein a Workflow was suggested to monitor the Profiles Schema and then update the custom Schema accordingly.

Hope that helps!

Level 4

Hi ,

First of all thank you for taking the time to answer.

In this particular case I need to update a custom schema on subscription. Is it the type of Landing Page that determines what can be updated?

For instance would it be possible with a Generic Landingpage to update a custom schema?

I am fully aware of the possibility to extend the Profiles Schema with fields but that is unfortunately not a very good solution as the profile fields can be overwritten every time the landing page is submitted for the same customer. 

Kind regards

Robert

Employee

Hi robayzma​,

Subscription would correspond to a Landing Page in ACS, which again would be a generic Landing Page.

Generic Landing Pages do not give an option to update a custom Schema.

Kind Regards,

Garima

Level 4

Hi,

Okay, I tried to go the other way round and make a Generic landing page template with targeting dimension of my cusBrandEvent table and tried to make an update to this. Unfortunately it seems that even though I can change the targeting dimension to my custom table I get an error when submitting data to it:

[Error in landing page "testEvent"] Error: [Metamodel] Invalid jpath: /context/cusBrandEvent/brand
{anonymous}("/context/cusBrandEvent/brand",false)@sirocco:so-mvc-metamodel.js:159
{anonymous}("/context/cusBrandEvent/brand")@sirocco:so-mvc-metamodel.js:168
NL_LandingPage_checkInputData([object Object])@/nms/landingPage.js:1192
NL_LandingPage_loadPage()@/nms/landingPage.js:160
_LPT_testEvent([object HttpServletRequest],[object HttpServletResponse])@_LPT_testEvent:235

{
  "pageHistory": [
  ],
  "cusBrandEvent": {
    "brand": "robert",
    "email": "test@test.dk",
    "event": "Adobe Summit 2018"
  }
}

It seems there is no way to use landing pages to update custom tables even though you can set the "targeting dimension" to a custom table, is my understanding correct?

Kind regards

Robert

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi Robert,

Could you set up a recurring workflow that updates the custom schema based on the subscription origin?

Granted the custom schema isn't updated instantly upon subscription, but you could have the workflow run regularly to ensure this update is made. That's how I'd approach it if the landing page isn't an option.

Level 4

Hi Digital B2B'er,

Yes sorry hadn't seen your answer but that was exactly how I solved it.

I am intrigued why the system allows you to change target dimension for a landing page when obviously the only schema that can be populated is the recipient schema.

It makes no sense to me.

Kind regards

Robert