Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Unable to update a audience's organizational unit

Level 1

I'm trying to update the organizational unit of an audience by a technical workflow, however it doesn't work this way:

RogerScheidegger_0-1635230826699.png

RogerScheidegger_1-1635230847645.png

RogerScheidegger_2-1635230864121.png

RogerScheidegger_3-1635230876594.png

Error Log:

RogerScheidegger_4-1635230977163.png

Any ideas, how I can solve this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You can't set the name directly at this place but only a reference to an org unit.

So you would need to lookup the org unit in the DB using a Reconciliation task first and then you can assign it accordingly

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Roger,

It looks like from the error output that you are trying to set the value to -1. I do not think that negative values are enabled on ACS instances.

Additionally, what kind of audiences are these? Depending on how they are created you may not have the option to update them see below:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/profiles-and-audiences/managing-audi...

If this is one off scenario, I would also suggest reaching out to Campaign Support who can enlist Ops to make this update in the backend database.

Regards,

Craig

Level 1

Hi Craig

Thanks, I'm creating a list audience via a workflow (from a Query). The idea is to update the Org Unit of this created audience directly in the same workflow.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any information about editing the Org Unit in your weblink.

Regards

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You can't set the name directly at this place but only a reference to an org unit.

So you would need to lookup the org unit in the DB using a Reconciliation task first and then you can assign it accordingly

Level 2

can you elaborate how to lookup the value in the DB? we know the organization unit name but don't know the value to set. 

Level 6

Reconcile the organization by the ID under the Admin/User and Security/Org Units.

Level 2

thanks for the reply John. let me clarify the requirement . Let's say Profile A is set to orgunit value="orgunit 1", i would like to  update profile's org unit value to "orgunit2". Both org units are defined under admin/security/org units. 

I've a query to fetch profile A, going into reconcile activity with organizational dimension with ID mapping (profile orgid & orgunit id), now how do i update to org value of that profile to orgunit2?

Level 6

In your query step add an additional field for "orgunit2" which would be the org id.  Then in the update profile (Fields to Update) use the additional field as the source and move it to the orgunit.

Level 2

Thanks John. I'm yet to try this. The additional field added to the first query (orguint2) to be reconciled with orgunit table as well (inside reconcile activity)?  otherwise we are assigning the text value right? 

Level 6

Your right I skip a step.  Try this: Reconcile to the organization under the relations tab where you will use the additional field as Source and the destination as @name (note the ID in screenshot is orgUnitlink).  Under the Update activity tab Field to Update use Source to orgUnitlink and designation orgUnit.

johnwwilcoxmba_0-1651070320436.png

johnwwilcoxmba_1-1651070573077.png

Level 2

thanks John. I tried to run this and resulted in the following error in the "UPDATE" activity.

The 'key' identification type chosen is not compatible with the configuration of the reconciliation keys (step '')

Level 6

For the query, query profiles you would like to update.  Additional data screen print below.  The Expression is your org id.  For the reconciliation step populate the relations tab, nothing under identification.  Like the screen shot above. For the update activity under identification tab select "directly using the targeting dimension" select "Profiles" for Dimension to update.  Update the Fields to update like the screen print above.

johnwwilcoxmba_0-1651089846458.png

Level 2

Thanks John, the instruction is very clear and it worked. Thanks a ton for your help!!