Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Tracking logs not generating for the deliveries

Level 2

I am sending the deliveries but the tracking log is not generating.Can anybody help

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Saraswati,

Below is an explanation of how tracking works. This is covered in the Production training course if you have access to it. Are you attempting to use the web tracking feature of Adobe Campaign? If so there might be an issue with the configuration of web tracking tags. I recommend that you contact support for further help with this issue.

Linda

Step 1

1. Marketing user of Neolane wants to send an email
  2. Creates a campaign/delivery and analyze the email
  3. During analysis, URLs are published to the disk of the frontal/tracking servers (Step 1 in diagram)
  4. Marketing user sends the email

Step 2

1. Recipient receives the email and clicks on the email
  2. Recipient is directed to the Apache/IIS server hosting the tracking
  3. NLSrvMod.dll/.so Library reads the URLs which have been published to the frontal server disk for this delivery
  4. Finds where it should redirect to and then redirects the rcp
  5. Writes tracking logs to the shared memory of the frontal server
  6. READS=quick; WRITES are slow

Step 3

Trackinglogd collects all data in the shared memory segment and writes it to the disk of frontal server

Step 4

AppServer runs a workflow every hour (tracking) and commit them to the marketing database.

756505_pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Level 2

The tracking events are only generated once an hour. If you were verifying the tracking logs immediately after sending the deliveries, that would explain why there were no entries generated yet. Have you reviewed the tracking logs since? Do you now see entries?

Level 2

Thanks for the Reply.

Is there any configuration we can do so that tracking logs will be generated soon after sending deliveries.

Before few days the tracking logs were not getting updated at all and it was taking long time say 24 hrs like that after sending the deliveries.

Now they are generating for every one hour.But still not able to understand why they were not generatng before.

Level 2

Again today I am facing the same issue the Tracking logs are not generating ,reviewing the tracking logs since 4 hours after sending the delivery

Level 2

The tracking logs are generated by the built-in Tracking Technical workflow. The scheduler that triggers the execution of the workflow is configured to trigger every hour. If you want to change that configuration, you need to update the scheduler activity (see screenshot).

Tracking workflow.jpg

I'm not sure why you are experiencing issues with the tracking logs not triggering. If you don't want to change the schedule, you can also manually trigger the scheduler by right-clicking on the scheduler activity and selecting "Execute pending task(s) now" (see screenshot). This will execute the workflow immediately.

ExecutePendingTasks.jpg

Level 2

Thanks for such a useful information.I checked the Tracking workflow.Yes it was stopped due to some errors.The error was the Source id Index missing in the nmswebtrackinglog table.So I am just identifying how I can resolve this.

Hope once the workflow starts I will get the tracking logs.I will try to change the schedular to receive the logs Asap.

Thanks a lot

Level 2

I was getting the error as "There is no index on the sourceId filed NmsTrackinglogRcp Table required for the current web tracking mode Please add index" because of which the workflow was stopped and the tracking logs are not generating.I tried to restart the workflow but it is always going in paused state and not giving any error. Is it because of the above error it is going in paused state?But in logs it is not showing any error

Logs.pngTracking.png

Level 2

Hi, Can you tell me is there any temporary file before the tracking logs get Updated.I want to know what happens in the background of the workflow.How the tracking logs are consolidated or from where they are getting updated during scheduler .

Level 2

I'm not sure why it's going in a paused state. Based on the screenshots you have provided, I can't really tell what's going on.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Saraswati,

Below is an explanation of how tracking works. This is covered in the Production training course if you have access to it. Are you attempting to use the web tracking feature of Adobe Campaign? If so there might be an issue with the configuration of web tracking tags. I recommend that you contact support for further help with this issue.

Linda

Step 1

1. Marketing user of Neolane wants to send an email
  2. Creates a campaign/delivery and analyze the email
  3. During analysis, URLs are published to the disk of the frontal/tracking servers (Step 1 in diagram)
  4. Marketing user sends the email

Step 2

1. Recipient receives the email and clicks on the email
  2. Recipient is directed to the Apache/IIS server hosting the tracking
  3. NLSrvMod.dll/.so Library reads the URLs which have been published to the frontal server disk for this delivery
  4. Finds where it should redirect to and then redirects the rcp
  5. Writes tracking logs to the shared memory of the frontal server
  6. READS=quick; WRITES are slow

Step 3

Trackinglogd collects all data in the shared memory segment and writes it to the disk of frontal server

Step 4

AppServer runs a workflow every hour (tracking) and commit them to the marketing database.

756505_pastedImage_0.png

Level 10

I am facing the same issue(Production,Tracking,workflow,Error:,"There,is,no,index,on,the,source,current,web,tracking,mode."). Do you know how to resolve this error?

Employee

Hi Amit,

Are you working in a training environment, in your sandbox, or in a client's environment? If you have a support contract on the environment, you could contact tech support.

Linda

Level 10

Hi Linda,

It's a client environment.

I will reach out to tech support.

Thanks

Amit

Employee

Make sure the Tracking workflow is running on the application server and the trackinglogd process is running on the messaging server. You can check both of these in the Adobe Campaign client console.

From the Explorer view, go to the Technical workflows folder:

Tracking workflow is running.jpg

From the Home page, go to the Monitoring tab:

trackinglogd is running.jpg