Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Standard: URL shortening of SMS

Level 4

Hi,

We're exploring possibilities of using URL-shortener in Adobe Campaign Standard for SMS.

Has anyone done such implementation - is it even possible, and if so how would we achieve this?

We've done this in Classic using different methods (some of which are outlined in other posts on this forum), but they rely on capabilities that is not supported by ACS.

Regards,

Jonas

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Pablo,

I don't see how the linked suggestion really helps in this case. I interpret the solution to forward query parameters through the shortener, but wouldn't that imply sending them in the URL itself? The problem is the length of said URL (where the parameters are a significant part).

I interpret this discussion as if this is currently not doable in ACS in any sensible way. Hopefully the API:s and/or product will make this possible.

Regards,

Jonas

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Hi Jonas,

I have checked and  it looks like that URL-shortener  is not supported in  Adobe Campaign Standard()OOB functionality) for SMS as well.

You can check if this can be achevied using some third party as done in classic

URL shorten-er in Adobe Campaign

Regards

Shrawan

Level 4

Hi,

Thanks for your response. As I mentioned we are familiar with how to accomplish this in classic. I don't see how any of those approaches would work in Standard though, and was looking for ideas for a possible work around or other approach.

Regards,

Jonas

Level 10

Hi Jonas,

You can shorten URLs on Standard via Personalization: Adobe Campaign Help | Personalizing URLs

I hope this helps!

All the best,

Pablo

Level 4

Hi Pablo,

How would that work? It's not described at all in the link you provided.

Regards,

Jonas

Level 10

Hi Jonas,

A better solution seems was already suggested when Shrawan recommended you to please check out the answer for this post URL shorten-er in Adobe Campaign​.

You can Integrate Bitly via API (check their own documentation) with Adobe Campaign Standard API​.

All the best,

Pablo

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Pablo,

I don't see how the linked suggestion really helps in this case. I interpret the solution to forward query parameters through the shortener, but wouldn't that imply sending them in the URL itself? The problem is the length of said URL (where the parameters are a significant part).

I interpret this discussion as if this is currently not doable in ACS in any sensible way. Hopefully the API:s and/or product will make this possible.

Regards,

Jonas