Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

SMS deliveries stuck on 'Start Pending'

Level 2

Hi all,

I have followed the guide for integrating SMS into Adobe Campaign. Firstly I setup the external account and then built an SMS delivery. However, the SMS deliveries are stuck on 'Start Pending' and not sending, for both proofs and live sends.

I'm wondering if this could be because the technical workflows need to be running for the sending process to begin? Second screenshot shows the technical Message Center workflows not running.

If not, what else would cause the deliveries to not get past this stage?

Thanks,

Rob

Message was edited by: Mod, Removed links to Gmail.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Rob,

Is the MTA on the processes list or not . Sorry , I got confused with your statement.

If it's present you are good , else ask your external agency to start the service using nlserver start mta@<instance_name> . If it fails to start add -verbose to the command above to see the cause of failure

Regards,

Adhiyan

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Hi Rob,

In general, there could be three scenario where a delivery is in start pending stage.

1. The mta is not started and hence the delivery is not picked up for further processing. Nlserver monitor missing  command can provide you a list of missing processes and nlserver pdump command shows running process. You can use them to see if mta is started

2. The affinity defined for this delivery is not present or correctly configured in the config file. To check the affinity currently used , open the delivery, click edit and click view xml source. Under the scheduling tag you can find the ip affinity.

3. The contact date for delivery is on future and will start on that date &time

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 2

Hi Adhiyan,

Thanks for your reply!

1. Where can I find the mta service workflow? Will try to work out if this process is running through the monitor.

2. The below shows the IPAffinity in the delivery. I assume the scheduling IPAffinity being empty is an issue? What should the IPAffinity be?

<typology IPAffinity="commerce" _cs="Default typology" id="3597"/>

<scheduling IPAffinity="" contactDate="" delayExtraction="0" delayed="0" expectedBudget=""

3. The contact date is ASAP.

Regards,

Rob

Employee

Hi Robert,

The IP affinity not getting picked could definitely be an issue. Can you please share the contents of the instance config file from <directory>/bin/conf folder. It will be named as config-xxx.xml.

Also to check the running of the MTA , you can login to the console and navigate to monitoring tab to see a list of running services on the right panel

Regards,
Adhiyan

Level 2

Hi Adhiyan,

- I'm unsure how/unable to access this file so have asked our external agency. I do not have access to the server. Is this something I can access via Adobe Campaign?

- The MTA service is on the processes list, so isn't running. How do I turn it on?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Rob

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Rob,

Is the MTA on the processes list or not . Sorry , I got confused with your statement.

If it's present you are good , else ask your external agency to start the service using nlserver start mta@<instance_name> . If it fails to start add -verbose to the command above to see the cause of failure

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 2

Hi Adhiyan,

Apologies, no - the MTA service is not on the processes list. I have asked our agency if they can start it.

Thanks,

Rob