Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Reports

Level 9

Hi Community,

I am seeing some issue with the ACS inbuilt report.

I have a transactional message set up in the UI.

using our monitoring tool, we run 5 API tests and each test runs every sec.

in one sec, we have 5 API calls.

hence, in 60 sec/ one minute we trigger 300 API calls.

however, when I look at the reports I am seeing appx 30 calls per min.

I have attached image for reference.

report_num.JPG

my tests are running fine without any errors, can someone let me know why in reports the number is less and not accurate.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello @mmbb110 

I have noticed that the data shown in the dynamic reports does not match with the actual numbers. Transactional messages are like custom resource and not a delivery resource otherwise you could find out the delivered/ processed count from delivery dashboard itself. There could be two ways to find out the kpis for transactional messages:

1. Go to your event configuration in ACS and click on "Latest Transactional Events" under the summary on left. This defaults to maximum 25 records (and the count is not coming always under count element in json response) so you can manipulate the URL to get just the count.

Actual endpoint: https://<ACS endpoint>/rest/head/<your  EVT Id>.json?_order=created%20desc&__securitytoken=<security token value> 

Altered endpoint to get the count: https://<ACS endpoint>/rest/head/<your  EVT Id>//_count?__securitytoken=<security token value>  This gives the number of transactional messages sent for that event

2. Another way could be to create a workflow with a query. In properties, select the resource as your EVT name/ ID. You can filter on Real Time Events > Created or Status fields. Here you would be able to preview the count based on Status(Sent, Pending, Pending Delivery, Delivery Error) or capture the count in Advanced tab (new element). If the purpose is just to validate the numbers, it can be done with the preview itself but in case you need to get a report then you can use Extract File activity in the workflow.

Hope this helps.

//Shelly

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 9
Hi Community, any help on this please.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello @mmbb110 

I have noticed that the data shown in the dynamic reports does not match with the actual numbers. Transactional messages are like custom resource and not a delivery resource otherwise you could find out the delivered/ processed count from delivery dashboard itself. There could be two ways to find out the kpis for transactional messages:

1. Go to your event configuration in ACS and click on "Latest Transactional Events" under the summary on left. This defaults to maximum 25 records (and the count is not coming always under count element in json response) so you can manipulate the URL to get just the count.

Actual endpoint: https://<ACS endpoint>/rest/head/<your  EVT Id>.json?_order=created%20desc&__securitytoken=<security token value> 

Altered endpoint to get the count: https://<ACS endpoint>/rest/head/<your  EVT Id>//_count?__securitytoken=<security token value>  This gives the number of transactional messages sent for that event

2. Another way could be to create a workflow with a query. In properties, select the resource as your EVT name/ ID. You can filter on Real Time Events > Created or Status fields. Here you would be able to preview the count based on Status(Sent, Pending, Pending Delivery, Delivery Error) or capture the count in Advanced tab (new element). If the purpose is just to validate the numbers, it can be done with the preview itself but in case you need to get a report then you can use Extract File activity in the workflow.

Hope this helps.

//Shelly

Level 9

@shelly-goel, I am doing a GET call is that correct? I get an error though. I think my URL is not right, is there any documentation available around this? would be great if you can pass the link, this is how my call URL looks

https://mc.adobe.io/<instance_name>/campaign/mc<instance_name>/rest/head/EVTtestmy//_count?_security...>

Employee Advisor
@mmbb110 Are you trying to create the url yourself in Postman by any chance? Did you try going to your transactional event > Look at the left side summary of the event, there'll be some links, Click on "Latest transactional Events" > You will get a json response of 25 records, try altering the url in the browser as I mentioned.

Level 9
@shelly-goel, thanks for further steps, yes I am trying to construct the url and overlooked your earlier response. I will try as advised and let you know.

Level 9
@@shelly-goel I went into the latest transactional events and from the json, I got a similar url as you mentioned. can you let me know if the security token will be the one which starts with @ sign, will this be a GET call and do I have to use any additional headers, sorry I am bit confused with this one.

Employee Advisor

@mmbb110To simplify this, just replace "json?_order=created%20desc&" from the url with "//_count?" in the url in the browser itself

(replace without the quotes)

Level 9
@shelly-goel, I get a count {"count":1238848} just to confirm this is the total count of messages sent since the transactional message was live correct?

Level 9
@shelly-goel, I found the second solution of using query more efficient. Thank you for your help with this.

Administrator

Hi @mmbb110,

Can you let us know if you were able to resolve this with the given solution or not? 

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa