Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Real time transactional messages logs

Level 2

Hi, 

I have few questions about delivery and tracking logs of real time transactional messages on campaign standard.

Querying the delivery logs and tracking logs tables, it seems that delivery and tracking logs are not available to extract for this kind of transactional messages, but if I look punctually in each real time transactional message in the execution list I can see the delivery logs.

Whereas, in the tracking logs recipients are not available.

What are the policies on this? 

Which is the differences between the profile based and the real time based transactional messages logs availability?

Is it possible to extract the raw data of the real time transactional messages logs?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @GMar 

Profile logs as it name infers are delivery and tracking logs for deliveries sent to a Profile.

When creating a transactional event, you select which type it would be:

1. Profile: the delivery will be sent to a Profile and you would have to ensure to pass the reconciliation field in the event to map it to Profile. HOWEVER, there is a catch using Profile for transactional event. the profile record MUST exist in Campaign prior the invocation of the transactional event. This allow you to use Profile information to personalise the delivery, for instance profile.firstName (a classic of course )
  2. Real-Time: the event has no knowledge of a Profile when it is invoked, meaning that the information the delivery has is self-contained by the information provided by the event itself, in our sample above, you would have a field firstName in the event context itself and you will use this field in your delivery, event.ctx.firstName.
  3. You also have the possibility to create a follow up delivery when creating the events, this allows you to have a multi-wave journey based on the original transactional event.

When you create a Real-Time event, it does create a resource under the hood that you can query this object delivery and tracking logs as opposed querying the Profile delivery and tracking logs.

When you create a Query activity, go to Resource and search your event using EVT, you will see a Resource representing your event and you can query the delivery and tracking logs of this resource...

That's how it works in Campaign Standard.

Hope this helps,

thanks

Denis

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @GMar 

Profile logs as it name infers are delivery and tracking logs for deliveries sent to a Profile.

When creating a transactional event, you select which type it would be:

1. Profile: the delivery will be sent to a Profile and you would have to ensure to pass the reconciliation field in the event to map it to Profile. HOWEVER, there is a catch using Profile for transactional event. the profile record MUST exist in Campaign prior the invocation of the transactional event. This allow you to use Profile information to personalise the delivery, for instance profile.firstName (a classic of course )
  2. Real-Time: the event has no knowledge of a Profile when it is invoked, meaning that the information the delivery has is self-contained by the information provided by the event itself, in our sample above, you would have a field firstName in the event context itself and you will use this field in your delivery, event.ctx.firstName.
  3. You also have the possibility to create a follow up delivery when creating the events, this allows you to have a multi-wave journey based on the original transactional event.

When you create a Real-Time event, it does create a resource under the hood that you can query this object delivery and tracking logs as opposed querying the Profile delivery and tracking logs.

When you create a Query activity, go to Resource and search your event using EVT, you will see a Resource representing your event and you can query the delivery and tracking logs of this resource...

That's how it works in Campaign Standard.

Hope this helps,

thanks

Denis

Level 2

Hi @Denis_Bozonnet 

when you said "When you create a Real-Time event, it does create a resource under the hood that you can query this object delivery and tracking logs as opposed querying the Profile delivery and tracking logs.".

I think I can find Delivery logs but I can't see Tracking logs. Can you give me an example of tracking logs for a real time transactional event?

Thanks

Employee Advisor

Hi @ABr86 

Sure, let say you have a event call EVTSampleEmail as shown below

Denis_Bozonnet_0-1657537249768.png

When you go to the Properties tab of a Query activity, you will search EvtSampleEmail as a Resource and you can extend the list of entities you can use as a Resource

Denis_Bozonnet_1-1657537518330.png

That's how you can query Real-Time Event... 

Hope this helps,

Thanks a lot

Denis

Level 3

Hi @Denis_Bozonnet, since when is this feature available on Campaign Standard?
It looks pretty new

Employee Advisor

Hi @lgiu 

It's been there for at least 3 or 4 years and most likely since the beginning as it helps to configure follow up features for transactional messages.

Thanks,

Denis.

Level 3

@Denis_Bozonnet is it compliant to see and track logs of users not present on Campaign?
For profile based transactional messages it makes sense, because users are entered within the platform, unlike real time messages
Thanks

Employee Advisor

HI @giuliap42357798 

Compliant as of Privacy and GDPR compliance.

Transactional Messages are not marketing communications and should not contain any marketing information (unless it's legal in the country you operate which I know some countries authorise it)

Since there is no Profile behind emails captured via Real-Time Event messages, you won't be able to use them in your marketing communication because you won't have their consent.

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Denis