Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Question about Recipient create  and schema update

Level 2

Hi:

I am use the Campaingn sandbox to lean, and i meet the next problem.  and thanks for you time.

1.  I can't create a recipient under "My Comapny-> Profiles and Target -> Recipients"

2.  I extends deliver schema(nms:delivery) with the next. 

When in "Tools -> Advanced -> Update database structure", it the the schema is not 

selectable to update except I change the name of element from "content" to other ( ex. "content2"). 

3. I extends recipient schema like the screen shot next .

When I "Update database structure",  the  next attribute's name is truncation to "enrollment".

<attribute label="Enrollment date" name="enrollmentDate" type="date"/>

But when if I change the the attribute name like next , it is OK. 

<attribute label="Enrollment date" name="enrollmentDate2" type="date"/>

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Wudi,

This is like re-installing Campaign from scratch and hence can only be done from backend by sandbox administrator.

Regards,

Vipul

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee

Hi Wud,

The first issue is coming from the fact that you have lead module installed on the instance. This can be verified by checking the Home>monitoring tab and clicking on display beside installed packages. Please see attachment.

The third problem is coming because of the type of field. If you change the type to string from date you would see the full name being displayed . But for date type field it truncates to the first word. This could be a limitation of in SQL names for date type fields. 

I am still checking about the 2nd problem and will let you know why that happens.

Level 2

Thank you very much for you reply.

First issue:  I uninstalled the lead package, but the problem is not resolved. Is there any other problem?

third issue: Thank you. 

Level 10

Hi,

Packages can't be properly/easily uninstalled from Campaign. The best option here is to set a new and fresh instance and not install the lead package at all.

About your second problem, can you check if an element has the same name in the original schema? For instance, if there is already a "content" element in nms:deliveries, then this extension must have another name to be properly taken into account.

Hope this helps,

Florent.

Level 2

Hi,

Thank you.

first issue:

I found the next 4 package was installed by somebody, so I had uninstall them:

crm:lead, aamIntegration, midEditor, midreciver

And would you like to tell me the introduction about how to make a refesh instance?

second issue:

I checked the default schema nms:delivery, there is no "content" element in it , but I can find the "content" in the structure.

I think other scheme maybe extends "content", and I don't think Campaign forbid this beacuse I had extend a "loyalty" element for "nms:recipitent",

and I can find  other  attribute under  "nms:recipitent" schema -> structure  ->"loyalty"

four issue:

When i update the nms:delivery schema at [Tools - Advanced -> "update datebase structure"], it blocked so long a time except I stop it.

Could you give me some advice to resolve it?

Employee Advisor

Hi,

The best solution will be to wipe off the current instance and deploy a new one afresh, as rightly pointed by Florent.

There is no easy/perfect way to uninstall a package and hence it is imperative that you keep a check on who had admin access to your instance because a package can only be installed by administrator.

Regards,

Vipul

Level 2

Hi Vipul:

Thanks lot.

Would you like to give some hint about how to wipe off the current instance in Campaingn client console of the sandbox? 

I can't access the server's OS through remote terminal but I have the admin access to the  server by Campaingn client console.

Does the  Campaingn client console admin account have the ablity to wipe off the current instance Or it must be done by adobe's sandbox administrator?

Best regards.

Wudi

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Wudi,

This is like re-installing Campaign from scratch and hence can only be done from backend by sandbox administrator.

Regards,

Vipul