Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Push notification with graphics via AC

Level 1

Dear all,

is it possible to send out push notifications with graphics via AC.

To clarify, I mean "real" graphics, i.e. not emos like smileys etc.

Thanks in advance and best,

Martin Schmidt

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi Martin,

Sending images, the real graphic is not possible using push notifications.

You will not be able to add custom images to your payloads because payloads are Json formatted strings, and Json does not support binary data, but you can only add some Unicode characters for Emoji.

Regards,

Amit

Level 1

Hi Amit,

many thanks for your quick reply.

Best regards,

Martin

Level 10

Hi Amit,

Do you mean that Adobe Campaign Push Notification module doesn't support Rich push notifications?

Rich push notifications are compatible with iOS 10 and Android 5.1.0+ devices.

See for instance: https://www.urbanairship.com/blog/how-to-create-rich-push-notifications

As an Android mobile user, I used to receive frequently notification with images and buttons.

And my company sends regularly such Rich push notifications to our consumers (but at the moment, we don't use our Adobe Campaign for that).

So I wonder if it is possible with Adobe Campaign Push Notification module or not?
I would enjoy it in coming months, because we would get this module soon.

Best Regards
Jean-Serge

Level 10

Hi,

I know that Adobe Campaign Standard does support rich notification content since March, but I haven't heard of the same for Campaign Classic (v6/v7). I'll double check though.

Florent

Level 10

Hi Jean-Serge,

I know Apple enabled Rich content for Push notification in 2015-16 but Adobe campaign is still using the old technology(Json based push notification) so not possible with OOTB code. This was designed for IOS 8 and 9, I am not aware of any custom work in this direction.

As of Now, you need to write your own code for this support(3-4 weeks of work) I am not sure if this is worth the efforts.

Regards,

Amit

Employee

Hello Jean-Serge,

I think Campaign V6 has now been enabled for rich notifications in iOS push notifications since build 8770 :

Adobe Campaign Release Notes

You need to use the http2 connector while sending push messages for iOS. Please read through this to understand more on how this works.Configuration

You may need to implement additional changes in your mobile SDK as well.

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 10

Thanks, Adhiyan, This is really helpful.

Cheers!

Amit