Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Notification email with user details

Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way of sending an email to myself or colleague with user data on the email? I know I can do a file extract to SFTP but wondering if this could be done in a workflow of some sort?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

The easiest way I found was to query my email address, because I want the email and then add additional data to the query.  The additional should be a key of value of what you want to retrieve.  Then in an enrichment activity bring the data together for the email.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

The easiest way I found was to query my email address, because I want the email and then add additional data to the query.  The additional should be a key of value of what you want to retrieve.  Then in an enrichment activity bring the data together for the email.

Level 1

Hi johnwwilcoxmba,

Thanks for that, still learning the ways of these workflows and enrichments....

Employee Advisor

Hi Lolina,

If I understand the request, you are looking to dump a list of user data within an email versus exporting the table into a file?

The concern here is that you are now attaching user data and sending it insecurely over the internet. This is a security issue with PII privacy implications. With an SFTP and an export file, the file itself can be locked then transferred to the SFTP site, which mitigates the risk.

Another concern with dumping the user data into an email is the size. Depending on the amount of data, the email size could be pretty large. This could cause the emails to get blocked by the receiving email admins.

Regards,

Craig

Craig

Level 1

Hi Craig,

The email size is usually very small, it would probably just send 1-2 user information per day at most. 

The security part does make sense was just thinking of "simplifying the automation of it" it rather than have more colleagues on SFTP site. 

Thank you for your feedback much appreciated.