Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Incoming SMS in ACS

Level 2

Hi ACS community,

We've been looking into 2 way SMS and capturing responses from recipient. We've found that our integration with our provider currently captures the responses. However, having looked into the inSMS (Incoming SMS) schema, we noticed that its not capturing the receipted_message_id/message_id.

Based on the Incoming SMS table, there are only 5 fields available (Creation Date, Message, Mobile, Short Code and Incoming SMS/title). However, there isn't a field which captures the message_id. Why is this case? I know that with default Out-of-box schemas that Adobe create, we're unable to edit them or create extensions with the exception of the profile schema.

Questions

- I was wondering whether it's possible to capture this message_id within ACS? There were a couple of documentations out there with one saying it can only be done for classic.

- Or am I wrong and can we actually extend the Incoming SMS schema? I spoke with teammates and read through a bunch of documentation and it doesn't seem like it.

- If we can't extend or edit the inSMS schema, could we create a custom table and link that to the integration we have with Esendex. If so, what would need to be done.

Any support would be much appreciated.

1 Reply

Employee Advisor
  • if sent with the standard connector, ACS is temporarily keeping the message id.
    Though this is in an internal table which is not accessible to workflows
  • Also upon receiving the OK status via SMPP, the information will be removed from this table
    So you rather can't use it for the response
  • Incoming SMS schema - this schema is fixed and can't be extended. Also the fields filled via SMPP are fixed.
  • You can create a custom schema but it won't be possible to link it via SMPP
  • One way might be to create a custom schema and feed the SMS information via the REST API (custom development) but I don't see an easy out-of-the-box solution here