Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

nlserver commands

Level 4

Hi,

quite often I see that my deliveries are in Retry pending status for a while. Because of that I have to wait for 10 minutes or even an hour before emails are sent. In Adobe's docs I found this page: https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC/en/DLV_Tracking_deliveries_Monitoring_your_delivery.html.

According to it I should check if  MTA modules are launched by type proper command: nlserver pdump. Next I should type: nlserver start mta@<INSTANCENAME>.

My question is quite basics: where I can type these commands? Where I can find console?

Thanks,

Marcin

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

HI Marcin,

It is not recommended to run nlserver command from console if instance is hosted by Adobe as adobe tech-ops team is the right team to run and execute  these server level commands. You can reach out adobe support for such issue.

However to find out the which process are running/missing , you can see that from home page of console.

Monitoring processes 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

command prompt or powershell and navigate to the bin directory where the executable of nlserver.exe is found

ie.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Neolane\Neolane v6\bin

you can check which services are running by executing the following command

nlserver pdump -who

1408145_pastedImage_0.png

to see missing (stopped services)

nlserver monitor -missing

to restart a service

nlserver restart mta@yourinstancename

Level 4

Thank you, David. Unfortunately I don't have nlserver.exe in my AC directory. Any clue why?

nlserver-missing.PNG

Community Advisor

Maybe your instance is hosted  by Adobe and not on premise, hence, you will not have access to the executable? do you know what kind of setup do you have?

Community Advisor

Retry settings can be found on the delivery template it self.

From documentation Sending messages

Configuring retries

Temporarily undelivered messages are subject to an automatic retry.

The central section of the Delivery tab for delivery parameters indicates how many retries should be performed the day after the delivery and the minimum delay between retries.

s_ncs_user_wizard_retry_param.png

By default, five retries are scheduled for the first day of the delivery with a minimum interval of one hour spread out over the 24 hours of the day. One retry per day is programmed after that and until the delivery deadline, which is defined in the Validity tab.

Level 10

Hi,

if you are unable to get access to your server, in that case, You can use nlserver activity to execute your commands in the workflow.

https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC/en/WKF_Repository_of_activities_Action_activities.html#Nlserv...

Regards,

Amit

Correct answer by
Employee

HI Marcin,

It is not recommended to run nlserver command from console if instance is hosted by Adobe as adobe tech-ops team is the right team to run and execute  these server level commands. You can reach out adobe support for such issue.

However to find out the which process are running/missing , you can see that from home page of console.

Monitoring processes 

Employee Advisor

I agree to what Shrawan is saying here. Not recommended to start the processes using a workflow.

Using this approach, you will be able to restart the process only on the first server.

If you have multiple application servers and say you have MTA process running on server 1, 2 and 3. As per architecture the wfserver process will only be running on server1. So using a workflow, if you restart MTA the corresponding process on server1 will be started. Server2 and server3 will not undergo a restart.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vipul