Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Moving a workflow leaves the delivery behind.

Level 2

Hi, when I try to move a workflow from one campaign to another, the delivery does not move alongside it. I cannot go into the delivery and move it across as the option is greyed out. Why is this the case and what can I do to resolve this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It indeed would make sense to be moved along with the workflow. You may raise an enhancement request on this.

It's read-only on the UI but you can move the delivery using a technical workflow

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It indeed would make sense to be moved along with the workflow. You may raise an enhancement request on this.

It's read-only on the UI but you can move the delivery using a technical workflow

Level 2
Thanks for that, could you please outline what would need to be in a workflow in order to achieve this. Would it be a matter of querying the delivery and performing an update data step on it? Could you also please let me know how I would go about raising an enhancement request?

Employee Advisor

@dcy_96: the workflow may look like:

• Start activity
  • Then a query to find the delivery
  • Then a reconciliation activity to lookup the target campaign
  • Then an update data activity

Level 1

Hi Ramon 

I am looking to update the Campaign an email delivery is attached to. Please could you provide more information on the above such as what settings to apply in the Reconciliation and Update Data activity? 

Thanks 

Level 2

why would you need a "start" activity?  That isn't needed to start a workflow.

Employee Advisor

Indeed a start activity is not needed.

Though I normally always add a Start one to make the workflow clearer

Also has the advantage that I can easily replace it with a scheduler later without moving stuff around in the canvas.

Employee Advisor

Hi Dcy,

I would agree that the enhancement is your best route as Ramon stated.  That said, I believe this was done intentionally as deliveries by nature tend to inherit many dependencies from the upstream targeting of the workflow which in ACC lead to random errors occurring from moving or copy/paste of one workflow to a new workflow pallet.  Other activities in the workflow were less prone to issues which is likely why in ACS guardrails were added to allow other workflow activities to move but prevent the delivery activity.

Regards,

Craig