Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Mirror page URL of another delivery

Level 1

Hi,

I know that I can user the MirrorPageURL content block if I want to insert a mirror mage URL of my current delivery.

May I know is it possible to insert the mirror page URL of another delivery in the email designer? If yes, could you please show me an example?

Thanks!

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Michael,

the Mirror Page is personalized to 1 exact e-Mail sendout.

Thus you can't have a link pointing to a Mirror Page for an E-mail which was not sent to this recipient.

So if you send the Chinese version, you can't link to an English Mirro page.

Though you also can't access the miror page link in a workflow.

So you also can't retrieve the link for an E-Mail sent before to the same recipient.

For your use case, you may rather need to use a Landing Page either in Campaign or elsewhere.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Michael,

Can you explain the use case behind this?  I'm not quite understanding why you'd want to use another delivery's Mirror page in a new delivery.

Thanks,

Craig

Level 1

Hi Craig,

It's because we would like to send out two deliveries with the same content in two different languages (i.e. Chinese and English).

At the top of the delivery content, we would like to provide a language switching link to our recipients. In the English version, we want to provide a mirror page link to the Chinese delivery so that our recipients can view the Chinese version in their browser and vice versa.

It's a common digital marketing practice in Hong Kong. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks!

Michael

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Michael,

the Mirror Page is personalized to 1 exact e-Mail sendout.

Thus you can't have a link pointing to a Mirror Page for an E-mail which was not sent to this recipient.

So if you send the Chinese version, you can't link to an English Mirro page.

Though you also can't access the miror page link in a workflow.

So you also can't retrieve the link for an E-Mail sent before to the same recipient.

For your use case, you may rather need to use a Landing Page either in Campaign or elsewhere.