Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Managing rights in ACS, can't find the same rights on administration console

Level 2

Hello.

I'm currently working on a ACS implementation done by another team.

I need to change/remove some rights as the team evolved.

According to the documentation, all rights are now managed in the adminitration console (and it should be synchronized on ACS).

Actually it,s not working that way.

If you watch at the first screen capture, some rights are assigned in ACS interface

screen 1.png

and when we look on the administration console, we couldn't find them (screen 2)

screen 2.jpg

Is there a way to synchronize it back so we can't work on it in Administration console.

As for now there are no way to remove some rights to people in ACS.

Thank you.

Kevin

7 Replies

Level 10

Hello Kevin,

Your first screenshot is about roles in ACS, and your second screenshot should show groups in your admin console.

ACS roles are not synced with your admin console. Groups are.

Basically:

1. You create groups in ACS.
  2. You assign roles to groups in ACS
  3. You create corresponding groups in the admin console. With the correct syntax, it will sync with the group created in ACS at step 1.
  4. When you add users, you add them to a group created at step 3.
    Adding and removing rights is done by adding them or removing them from a security group. This is done in admin console.

Have you tried following this documentation? https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/standard/en/ADM_Users_e_security_Managing_groups_and_users.html

I see that your screenshots are in French so I assume you looked at French documentation, which at the moment does not reflect the very last changes around this topic. So I'd advise to rather look at the English docs.

Hope this helps,

Florent

Level 2

Hello.

Thank you for the answer.

Actually it doesn't solve my point here.

If I talked about group, the first screenshot show that the account is in the native group Workflow supervisor.

In the second screenshot, i can't find the link between the account and the group (it should be in the "groupe d'utilisateur" part).

So if i want to remove that account from the group, i just can't right now.

(Maybe i look at it the wrong way, if it's the case  I'm sorry)

I will still look at the documentation during that time.

Thank you.

Kevin

Level 10

Hi Kevin,

I'm not sure exactly of what you mean.

I'll take your example of workflow supervisors.

In my Adobe Campaign instance, I'm one of the workflow supervisors:

Screen_Shot_2017-11-17_at_12_35_23.png

If I want to remove myself from that group, I can do it by going to the adminconsole, find the correct group in the list, and then remove myself from the group (not actually doing it since I like to supervise workflows )

Screen_Shot_2017-11-17_at_12_35_46.png

Then it will sync with ACS and I will be removed from the group.

What surprises me is that you see nothing in the users detail from the adminconsole. You should have all the groups listed under the Products menu as well.

If that's not the case, I'd recommend getting in touch with support, as it should be synced as I just showed in my screenshots.

Florent

Level 2

Hello florent

Thank you for your answer.

Seems i will need to contact the support for an issue:

if i look at the ACS security group workflow supervisor , i see 13 users:

1355911_pastedImage_0.png

when i connect on the adminconsole i only got 9 users and 2 administrator, so seems the synchronisation is not working as it should:

1355927_pastedImage_1.png1355928_pastedImage_2.png

As for now I got no way to really work on group and users which can be a big issue.

Thank you for your help

Level 10

I'm sorry that you encounter this problem.

Please let us know once you manage to have it fixed by the support team and if there is anything you learn that could prevent it from happening for other users.

Thanks,

Florent

Level 10

Hi,

Do you have any update on this topic? Were you able to find what went wrong?

Let me know,

Florent

Level 10

Hi Kevin,

Are you still facing this problem?

Florent