Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

It always show us error "Circular dependency on schama extension 'cus:address'" when we were saving an editing schema

Level 2

It always show us error "Circular dependency on schama extension 'cus:address'" when we w ere saving an editing schema.Whether you choose 'Create a table in the data template' or ' Extend the data in the table using an extension schema', it will prompt such a mistake : 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Error message is trying to convey that the schema extension cus:Address is exhibiting circular dependancy.

In other words, a schema extension should be extending someother schema but in your case it is trying to extend itself.

Can you please add screenshot for cus:address schema definition to help us pin point on the problem.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Error message is trying to convey that the schema extension cus:Address is exhibiting circular dependancy.

In other words, a schema extension should be extending someother schema but in your case it is trying to extend itself.

Can you please add screenshot for cus:address schema definition to help us pin point on the problem.

Level 2

Thanks very much. As you said, we did find the cause of the error in the schema cus: address。

The snapshot of cus:address:

Employee Advisor

wud82646422 wrote...

Thanks very much. As you said, we did find the cause of the error in the schema cus: address。

The snapshot of cus:address:

Glad to know that this has been resolved.

For other readers, the name of schema extension was cus:address and the schema it was trying to extend was also cus:address, thus causing the circular dependency. Schema being extended is maintained in attribute extendedSchema of root node.

Regards,

Vipul

Level 1

Hi Vipul,

I'm getting the same error with the circular dependency but I'm not sure how to avoid this. I used the wizard to extend the schema to create the schema extension, so wondering whether it is sufficient to just change the value for extendedSchema. 

Employee Advisor

Hi Abhishek,

Editing the extendedSchema attribute should do the trick. You need to identify which schema is causing it.

Regards,

Vipul

Level 1

Thanks Vipul. Based on the instructions on this user doc I used a different namespace to extend a schema I created. I used a different namespace but same name.

https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC6.1/en/CFG_Editing_schemas_Extending_a_schema.html

I've attached a couple of screenshots. The second one (starting with gsExt) is the extension which is giving the error. Do we have to use a different value for extendedSchema even if it has a different namespace?

-Abhishek

Employee Advisor

Hi Abhishek,

The first one other that gsExt, does that also exist in your instance? If yes, the error is originating from it as it is suffering from circular dependancy.

Level 1

Yes it does. The non-gsExt one is a Delivery Logs data schema created when target mapping was done on a new table. Is it recommended that I just modify that one since it isn't a core data schema instead of creating an extension and modifying the extension?

We had an Adobe architect create custom target mapping and Delivery Logs for us last year and I was following similar steps.

Thanks again for your answers.