Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

how to throttle by day in ACS

Level 9

Hi, 

Can someone please help me in letting know if throttle by day is possible in ACS for email delivery.

I am looking to set up a message which is going out to 500 audience per day over a period of 5 days.

how can I achieve this?

I did check documentation around this but was unable to find any relevant information.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi @mmbb110 ,

You can use the "computing the sending date" feature.

This allows you to send as 1 delivery, but define different send times for different audiences.

Some good and easy to follow instructions are here: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/campaign-standard/using/testing-and-sending/scheduling-messag...

Thanks

David

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 1

Hi,

You can use wait activity (1 day) after the split activity. 

Thanks,

Sumit

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi @mmbb110 ,

You can use the "computing the sending date" feature.

This allows you to send as 1 delivery, but define different send times for different audiences.

Some good and easy to follow instructions are here: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/campaign-standard/using/testing-and-sending/scheduling-messag...

Thanks

David

Level 9
Thanks, I will perform some tests and should be good. will let you know if any issues.

Level 9
I followed the steps and my first day send was successful, I am just waiting for the remaining audience to deliver for the next run, my deployment is currently showing as sending retry which is fine but my workflow is showing error at the email step "DLV-490002 Cannot start a new analysis of the delivery since current state ('Retry pending') does not allow it."

Level 9

@davidh2892249Thanks, it worked.

the only thing that I noticed is the workflow status was in error with the email channel I linked in RED, but it did go out the next day to the intended audience.

is this expected?

Capture.JPG

Level 9
David, please disregard my previous comment. I got this working fine. Thanks again.

Level 5
@mmbb110 glad you got it working. consulting the logs and tasks section in the workflow action bar is always a good place to start if any workflow activity errors/flashes red.